Search Unity

Editor XR uninstalling/disabling automatically

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by KushMathur, Jan 23, 2020.

1. KushMathur

KushMathur

Hello everyone!

I have been using editor XR for time now for my project. Recently, it is behaving weirdly and when I shut down Unity and restart it again, Editor XR gets disabled or uninstalled.

Every time I change something in the project, save it and shut down Unity, it happens. I can provide with further details, but I don't know where I should start from for debugging.

Thanks for help!

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

When you say uninstalled you mean that the EditorXR folder gets removed from your project? I've never heard of that. How are you noticing that EditorXR is getting disabled? Do you mean that it is grayed out in the Window menu? If so, then that usually happens when the HMD is not detected. If possible, making a video of what you are seeing would be helpful.

3. KushMathur

KushMathur

The better word would be disabling. The EditorXR folder stays, but Editor XR was not running (neither from window menu or pressing Ctrl+E).

Also, I was running Editor XR in playmode, so the EditingContextManager component was showing compile error according to Unity.

I later found a temporary solution where I stopped using Editor XR in playmode and when Editor XR gets disabled, I went back to Project Settings, disabled and then re-enabled XR Virtual Reality Support and it was working again.

4. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I'm glad you found a workaround. If you find you can have a consistent reproducible case (perhaps even record a video), then please create an issue on GitHub and we can have a look.