Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor XR roadmap? Where are we headed?

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by OpaqueJannes, Oct 11, 2018.

1. OpaqueJannes

OpaqueJannes

Hey all!

I am wondering what the current plans are for the Editor XR.
    I just took a look at the Git repository and have seen that it has not been updated in quite a while.

Are there any efforts for EditorXR to be compatible with custom rendering pipelines? Like the HDR pipeline?
    I am currently building some editor tools that support both "normal" edit mode and XR edit modes and wondering whether I should keep adding in support for the EditorXR.

Anything helps!
    Thank you!

Jannes

2. Corysia

Corysia

I'd like to know, too. It looks very promising, but the project seems stalled. This feature is standard in Unreal. I'd like to see it a permanent part of Unity, too.

3. timoni

timoni

Unity Technologies

Hi! I'm the director of XR research and product lead on EXR. It's not stalled, but we are working on some new things that haven't been pushed live yet. We're very, very happy that you're interested in EXR.

If you'd like to talk more about feature requests, what you're using EXR for, or bugs, please email me: timoni@unity3d.com.

SatishGodaPearl, dozhwal and krougeau like this.
  4. allenwp

allenwp

Great to hear that this is under active development, but I would also like to hear if and when there are any timelines surrounding this. Specifically, I am interested in hearing if and when support for Unity 2018 or 2019 will be coming.

Thanks!
    Allen

SatishGodaPearl likes this.
  5. mountblanc

mountblanc

6. mountblanc

mountblanc

The links where not working for an hour or two but after that they are back. So i guess it was a github server related issue.

7. Corysia

Corysia

Here we are in 2019 and I've got EditorXR 0.2.1 running on my new project! There are a couple of gotchas to get it working in 2019.1.5f1, which is what I'm using today.
    • Install EditorXR 0.2.1
    • Install XR Legacy Input Helpers 2.0.2 from the Package Manger
    • Create an Assets/Plugins folder if you don't have one already in your project and copy in UnityEngine.SpatialTracking from your projects Library/ScriptAssemblies folder.
    That's it. A big thanks to chmodseven for that last step, it had me stumped!

attaway likes this.
  8. Mr_Brooks_deleted

Mr_Brooks_deleted

@Corysia Thank you so much for posting this! Hopefully we will get a new version of EditorXR soon so we wont have to do that ^^^^ bit anymore.