Search Unity

Question Editor working perfectly / Build non-functional

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by QbAnYtO, Feb 15, 2021.

1. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Hey guys. noobish here. I'm like 20% into my project. everything was working fine on editor AND builld but for some reason after updating to the latest unity, (after fixing many broken things) i not basically cannot play the build. Please see below:

Editor:
    Everything works. Xbox controller, Xinput vibrations, Post Process Effects, Cinemachine free look camera, etc.

Build:
    NOTHING works. controller, character movement, post process is disabled. Camera not looking nor following player,..

At least I can see the came (camera is working)

Any ideas? I read somewhere something about Deleting Tags but I have to look into it.

what do you guys suggest?

2. Havokki

Havokki

3. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Here is what I found. The only exception I could find was the Xinput for the controller vibration. a

I have attached the log here. its a lot of text so I zipped the TXT file.

[

Attached Files:

4. Havokki

Havokki

Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name XInputDotNetPure.dll included or the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. (Assets/Plugins/x86/XInputDotNetPure.dll)

Do you have multiple XInputDotNetPure.dll files in your project? If yes, try disabling all but one (this can be done in the asset's inspector).

Exception: C++ code builder is unable to build C++ code. In order to build C++ code for Windows Desktop, you must have one of these installed:
    Visual Studio 2015 with C++ compilers and Windows 10 SDK (it cannot build C++ code because it is not installed or missing C++ workload component)
    Visual Studio 2015 installation is found by looking at "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0_Config\InstallDir" in the registry
    Windows 10 SDK is found by looking at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0\InstallationFolder" in the registry

Visual Studio 2017 (or newer) with C++ compilers and Windows 10 SDK (it cannot build C++ code because it is not installed or missing C++ workload component)
    Visual Studio 2017 (or newer) installation is found using Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration COM APIs
    Windows 10 SDK is found by looking at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0\InstallationFolder" in the registry

Unfortunately I'm not sure about this, I'm using Mac myself.

UnityException: Build path contains project built with Mono scripting backend, while current project is using IL2CPP scripting backend. Consider building your project into an empty directory.

Probably could try deleting your previous build folder before trying again.

5. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

I used to use unity on a mac and i love macs and prefer them over windows. i will be switching from windows to macs soon. in the mean time I will try to work these bugs out. thanks for the advice :)

I will report back.

6. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Ok I think I'm getting somewhere. I deleted one asset causing problems and now the build plays better but still pretty bad. in summary:

The build now correctly displays camera and character controls with the controller BUT:

Post process don't triggers correctly. all logics are DELAYED if that makes any sense. for example, explosions triggers the zoom blur post process effect but then it just stays with the effect (my logic tells it to revert back to normal)

some other post process effects are not loading like saturation settings, outlines, etc.

also, while the xbox controller now works, the vibration isn't. but it DOES work in the editor. EVERYTHING work sin the editor as it should.

7. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

I'm going through a process of elimination and trying to find what could be triggering it, but I honestly don't see any changes.. I feel its something happening during the build. a certain settings i am using ./ not using. any ideas?

8. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Broooo I fixed it! well most of it anyways lol. turns out all i had to do was build the project in 64bit lol wow.

So this fixes about 95% of the issues. I still have a problem with shadows not displaying correctly and some camera bugs. I'll have to deep dive into the shadows issues. i get ZERO shadows for some reason. any ideas?