Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Editor Unresponsive for 2-3 Minutes at Startup (Case 827097)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AdamKane, Aug 29, 2016.

1. AdamKane

AdamKane

Hello,

When I startup Unity for my project, at least for the first time each day, the Unity editor is unresponsive for about 2-3 minutes, until the Collaborate button goes from greyscale to color:

If I then close and reopen the project, there's no issue.

My project size is: 1.5GB

Bug Case #827097, including full project:
    https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?827097_8p4kp8qna48l2i9m

I worry that this delay would be a showstopping inconvenience for my team to adopt Collaborate.

Thanks,
    Adam

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much for the report, @AdamKane ! This is a whitelisting issue, and a very annoying one at that! Our target to remove whitelisting is November (if not before) This issue will disappear with the removal of the whitelisting check.

I'll also let @quixotic know so she can keep track of the UX feedback. It's invaluable as we move forward!

AdamKane likes this.
  3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What is exactly the "whitelisting" issue?

Just now, I suddenly became unable to access collaborate and the dashboard keeps repeating "Unable to load whitelist. (-1)"

(I wanted to revert to an older revision of the project, so I had to unlink and link a new project and maybe somehow that messed things up?)

holliebuckets likes this.
  4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@AcidArrow can you try signing out and signing back in?

Collab is currently in closed beta. The Editor does a "whitelist" check to see if you are in the closed beta. There are a few known bugs surrounding this check, but as we will be removing it shortly, we have a couple of work arounds.

Signing out, closing the editor, and sometimes just waiting ~15mins for the check to refresh are all tips/tricks to get your whitelisting back :)

If you've moved the project to a non-whitelisted organization, please email collabsupport@unity3d.com so we can get your other orgs whitelisted too :)

AcidArrow likes this.
  5. bradunity

bradunity

@AcidArrow Also, we had an unexpected outage when you reported this of an internal service that does authentication and authorization (whitelist) between roughly 9:30UTC and 22:00UTC that would have exhibited itself in what you've reported. The problems should be fixed and service restored. Sorry about impacting your work!

AcidArrow and holliebuckets like this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Thank you for the support. I even did a bug report but I soon as I sent it the issue resolved itself, which made me feel a little bit silly. o_O

It's all good now :D

quixotic and holliebuckets like this.
  7. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@AcidArrow QA wants you to know we very much appreciate you submitting a bug report!!

AcidArrow likes this.