Search Unity

[Editor] Unable to load runtime data at location ...

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by rbabiuch, Aug 12, 2019.

1. rbabiuch

rbabiuch

Hello, I've just begun my journey into using the addressables package. I've created a prefab with address "ball" and I'm trying to instantiate it in a Start() function via:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Addressables.InstantiateAsync("ball", Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity);
    As far as I can tell, no game object gets instantiated and instead a warning is shown in the console:

Addressables - Unable to load runtime data at location UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.ResourceManagerRuntimeData, Unity.Addressables, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:InstantiateAsync(Object, Vector3, Quaternion, Transform, Boolean)
    SandboxSimulation:Start() (at Assets/src/gameplay/SandboxSimulation.cs:35)

What might I be missing/doing wrong?

best,
    -R

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Unity Technologies

That error means we are successfully finding the key, but not successfully loading.

What play mode are you in? Try in Fast Mode if you aren't in it already.

Two main things you can do to help debug (to either figure it out yourself, or give more info)...
    1. turning on ADDRESSABLES_LOG_ALL will cause us to print all sorts of info logs that can often help. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...sDevelopmentCycle.html#analysis-and-debugging for info on how to turn that on.
    2. init addressables first. If you don't, we init on your first call, which can muddy the logging a bit.

Code (CSharp):
    2.         Addressables.InitializeAsync().Completed +=
    3.         {
    4.             Debug.Log("we're done with init now");
    5.             Addressables.InstantiateAsync("ball", Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity);
    6.         }