Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Editor unable to launch due to machine binding 4 mismatch

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mxrider619, Oct 30, 2023.

1. mxrider619

mxrider619

I am unable to launch Unity 2019.4.26f1 (64-bit) because of the titular error. I have tried returning, and getting another free license through Unity Hub. I have tried checking what it's binding to via the editor logs, where it is stated. The entire string matches, up until an additional 8 characters at the end which is not in the value it seems to have for my machine. It seems like most people have issues with licensing due to a binding key 5 mismatch of the MAC address, but I can't find info for how to resolve a binding 4 mismatch. I have included the log file for Editor, and licensing. I have also tried a workaround I found online to do a manual activation of a free license, but after editing the alf file to match what it seems to want for binding 4, uploading it, downloading the ulf file, it then won't activate in Unity Hub.

Attached Files:

2. Amir_AZNK

Amir_AZNK

Unity Technologies

Hi

In your case please skip the "activate in the Unity Hub" section and instead manually put the file in the

C:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_lic.ulf

make sure to rename the file you downloaded to Unity_lic.ulf

This workaround will not fix Unity HUB complaining about the license.

Unfortunately we can no longer support 2019.4.x versions of Editor please try to upgrade to latest LTS versions of the Unity Editor.

3. jgo_vibe

jgo_vibe

I also have the same problem with this person, and I narrowed the cause to a licensing issue with a similar message.

LICENSE SYSTEM [20231128 17:0:40] Machine binding 4 mismatch: (value of current machine) != (value in license file). Reason might be there is a hardware change on this machine after the license was activated.

I Returned and Requested a Personal License many times already, and the Editor logs returned with the same message. I cannot do a Manual Activation though, because Personal Licenses are not supported, and the manual licensing site keeps on refreshing itself.

Currently running Unity Hub 3.6.1 and Unity Editor 2021.3.5f1 LTS (64-bit) installed.

4. gamergetik

gamergetik

Any ideas why this is happening. I am also unable to open my projects with unity 2019.4.40 f1. The project is live and game is available online so we cannot upgrade it at this point without major changes. What the hell is Unity doing. Honestly nowadays its becoming hard to keep working on Unity. Seriously we might have to shift to other engines in future.

5. Amir_AZNK

Amir_AZNK

Unity Technologies

@gamergetik and @jgo_vibe
    Kindly try to opt in Hub Beta channel. Hopefully new Hub Beta comes end of the next week. That Beta version has bunch of fixes related to licensing.

6. gamergetik

gamergetik

Thanks for the reply. In future please give us a option to backroll the Unity hub update or reenable the manual licensing via offline methods.

7. Rafael19143

Rafael19143

Amir_AZNK i have the same issue as jgo_vibe and i cannot fix it, always the same Machine binding 4 mismatch: (value of current machine) != (value in license file). :/ any other solutions?

8. AlexLevick_MoP

AlexLevick_MoP

Just upgraded to Unity Hub 3.6.1 and I'm having the exact same issue. Tried uninstalling everything Unity related + deleting all Unity folders within /AppData/, but still no dice. As of typing, there is no Beta version available for Unity Hub, or at least it isn't triggering upon open despite having the Beta option selected under Preferences/Advanced/Channels.

Looking at your attached Editor.txt @mxrider619 , you seem to have the exact same issue, where the "expected" machine ID has been extended by a repeating sequence of
    gICA
    , but still ending in a
    =
    sign.

This needs resolved immediately as it halting our development entirely.

9. Harrison_Perry

Harrison_Perry

Yo yeah - I'm seeing this as well. I've been locked out of my main dev machine all day. Is there any chance you can give a link to an older version of Hub? I've opted into the beta channel as well now but I'd rather not have to do that...

Hopefully, this isn't affecting everyone.

e: Even trying to alter the alf before sending it to the server to get a ulf isn't working.