Search Unity

Editor type search filter vs. Assembly Defintions

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pdinklag, May 26, 2018.

1. pdinklag

pdinklag

Some of my editor scripts rely on the type filter in the Unity search (i.e., via AssetDatabase.FindAssets). For example, let's say I have a ScriptableObject class named MyAsset. Using the search string t:MyAsset would list all the instances of MyAsset in the project.

However, it appears that this no longer works if MyAsset is defined within an assembly. The search simply yields no results, neither in the editor UI nor via script (AssetDatabase.FindAssets). I made sure that the Editor platform is not excluded for the assemblies in question ("Any Platform" is selected).

Can I tell the type search to include my assemblies somehow? Is this a bug and should I file a report?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. pdinklag

pdinklag

Thanks for the swift reply.

I guess it must be related in some way. I just noticed that the type filter did work for some of my ScriptableObject classes, but I couldn't really make out in which way those were different from those that didn't work.

Now I deleted the Library directory and let Unity re-build its database, and now the search works just fine for the classes where it failed before.

Gave your issue a vote, but it looks like it wasn't even touched by the team in quite a while?