Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Editor stuck on GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController after creating a new HDRP Lit shader

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by cla08, Jun 18, 2020.

1. cla08

cla08

Hello,
    I dont' know why, but everytime I try to click on "save asset" on a new HDRP Lit shader I get the usual message saying "checking material dependencies" and then GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController, which goes into an endless loop, forcing me to restart unity.
    Basically I can't create new HDRP Lit shaders with shader graph (other shader types works fine).

Does this happens to anyone?

I'm using unity 2020.1b12 (happens on b9 too) and shader graph version 9.0

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey @cla08, I can send this post over for you to see if we can get a response!

cla08 likes this.
  3. cla08

cla08

After trying many times with different things I deleting the library folder, it still doesn't save the shader but now it's stuck on Application.UpdateScene.
    I've also tried on an empty project and it works fine, I really don't know what it's causing this or why it happens...

4. cla08

cla08

This issue is still present in 2020.1 after upgrading HDRP to version 9.33, everytime I click on "save asset" for the first time on a new HDRP-type shader in SG (HDRP/LIt in this case) I have to wait more than 2 hours for this window to go away.
    The only work around I've found is to have another project and save the shader from there...
    I still don't know what's causing this, maybe unity it's reimporting or converting all the materials behind the scenes.. I have more than 12000 materials in this project.

5. LocksmithArmy

LocksmithArmy

6. cla08

cla08

After deleting asset by asset I discovered the issue.. there was a model of a tree containing more than ten thousands materials. I don't know why the editor get stuck for 2 hours every time I create a new shader graph and save it, but having a model like this is unlikely to happen to anyone..