Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Editor shows absolutely nothing and i have no clue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GabrielDV, Apr 12, 2024.

1. GabrielDV

GabrielDV

Hello! I want to start by saying i'm just starting out unity and i don't even have a bg on gamedev. I'm just trying it out to mod Lethal Company, and maybe use as a gamedev hobby in the future.

Well, long story short, i saved my file and closed everything and all earlier , and now, when i'm trying to load it and keep up my work, my editor is behaving strangely, i believe every material is invisible, but i also cannot see the wireframe of my model, and inside the prefab editor, i cant see anything as well. But on Hierarchy, everything seems fine.

Also, the folders i created to hold my models, materials and textures are all populated and seem fine as well.

Some pics:

This is inside the scene editor:

another another scene

This is inside the prefab editor (where i was doing most of my work)

One interesting thing is: If i set this option for "Contributors/Receivers" (whatever that means). I can see my model, so it exists and seems like its alright

If i select some object by the hierarchy, it also shows up, but i belive the problem is this: Where the material was suposed to be, it's now grayed out , the preview ball is empty, and shows this message about HDRP that i have absolotulety no idea what means.

Can anyone help me ? Is this just some option i toggled by accident ?

Thanks in advance

2. GabrielDV

GabrielDV

Maybe it's worth mentioning that i've tried to open other scenes and prefabs, but all of them seem to be "invisible". I also tried to center some object of the scene with F or clicking it twice, but no luck neither

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Shading mode should be set to Shaded.

HDRP assets will only work in HDRP enabled projects. I suppose this project is using either URP or built in renderer, so try creating an HDRP project to work with.

I‘m not familiar with modding. I suppose there is some sort of tutorial. Start that from scratch again and follow it to the letter.

If you have an integrated GPU be sure to run the latest driver. Integrated GPUs may also struggle with or be incompatible with the demanding HDRP renderer.