Search Unity

Editor Selection Loses Focus On Inspector Value Change

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hai_ok, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hai_ok

hai_ok

EVERY GO loses selection focus if I change any value.

(say I want to put a value of 90 into the objects Y transform value)

I have to:
    click to select the item
    click the field I want to change
    type 9
    (Now the GO is no longer selected so the Inspector Pane is now blank)
    click to select the item
    click the filed
    click again to position the cursor after the 9
    and then type the 0.
    (Again, the GO is no longer selected so the Inspector Pane is now blank)

And if I want to change other things in this GO I have to repeat this painful process over and over and over.

Any idea what on earth this is?

2. hai_ok

hai_ok

Some components are not selectable either. You click them and they don't stay highlighted and you can't see their inspector info.

I noticed that they were prefabs without the original component in the current project. I reattached one and will replace the other, but all the above stuff keeps happening.

Any thoughts?

3. jwright

jwright

I am working in Unity 2.6.1f3.

I have all of the above issues, exactly.

My project file had a lot of unused files, I exported all of my dependencies into a new project, but this did not work.

I noticed in another post about network settings spilling over after the build has stopped playing, but nothing specific to this problem.

If this issue is solved in another thread, could someone point me there also?

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

Hi, welcome to the forum!

After searching the bugs database, I've found something similar-ish to this problem, but I'm not sure this exact issue was ever reported. Please can you file a report (menu: Help > Report A Problem). You might be asked to send in a project that has the incorrect behaviour, if that is possible.

5. smarcus

smarcus

I'm also seeing this problem (it started up in the past few weeks). Super super annoying; to change a value under a pop-in arrow I have to quit and relaunch Unity. I'll submit a bug, too.