Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Editor reproducible crash after "apply changes" to prefab

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by terravires, Aug 29, 2015.

1. terravires

terravires

Got another reproducible crash bug, happens every time with full editor crash when you hit apply changes to a prefab.

Repo project included with bug report # 723545

Edit: tagging as UI as it happens when removing a world space canvas from a prefab.
    Version 5.2.0f2

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. terravires

terravires

Reply from unity:

"I have been able to reproduce this bug and have sent it for resolution with our developers. I will send you an email when the case is resolved. If you find that you can no longer reproduce the issue in a newer version of Unity, please do let us know."

So expect it to be in final at this point.

3. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Not sure how you jump to that conclusion, because it's not. We're still investigating it.

I think you may be confused by the "If you find that you can no longer reproduce the issue in a newer version of Unity, please do let us know" statement, but that's largely simply to help us close it out if the bug gets fixed as a by-product of other work. Will talk to QA about that phrasing...

4. terravires

terravires

I say that because I was told almost the same message about a navmesh bug in 4.5. And when I asked when if that meant 4.5.1, they said "next major version" meaning 5.0. So I took this to mean at least 5.2.1, and since RC won't bump versions I expected it to be fixed post-release in a patch (pX) version.

I agree, that the phrasing needs to be change if they meant fixed before final release. :)

5. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Ah, I didn't understand which "final" you meant. Now it's clear.