Search Unity

Bug Editor reliably freezes if VFX Graph capacity set to larger than ~1000

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by mnapolillo, May 13, 2022.

1. mnapolillo

mnapolillo

Hi, so every time I go to make a VFX graph and increase the capacity any larger than 1K, my entire editor locks up.

I'm on a 2018 Mac mini on macOS Monterey (12.3.1), currently working in editor version 2021.3.2f using URP. It doesn't crash completely, but graphically it doesn't appear to be updating any more. I'm able to resize the window which scales everything uniformly, and I can't interact with anything, though my mouse cursor does change contextually when hovering over things that were visible (the eye when hovering over scene view, text cursor when hovering over a text field, etc).

It seems like I'm hitting some graphical cap. Restarting the editor immediately has the same issue (though sometimes panels go black). The only way to fix is to lower the capacity directly in the graph's asset file in a text editor.

I don't have this issue at all on my PC, but I need to be able to develop on Mac due to the context of my work. Please help!

Eishe likes this.
  2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi @mnapolillo, please log a bug with the details of your setup (easiest way is to attach system report) and we will look into it. Also, it would be helpful if you dropped the case number here. Thanks!