Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor problem in Unity 2019.2.5f1

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by strongbox3d, Sep 26, 2019.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I am working on my game using Unity 2019.2.5f1, HDRP. Every time I toggle on the button to see the sky, fog, etc in the editor window, everything disappears from the scene and get the errors seeing in this screenshot. The problem is directly related to the "fog" and "HD camera" as you can notice. Does anyone knows how to fix this problem? I just to be able to preview the scene in the editor with the fog on.

This is the top error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.UpdateVolumetricLightingPerCameraData (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/VolumetricLighting/VolumetricLighting.cs:367)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera.Update (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.FrameSettings currentFrameSettings, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline hdrp, UnityEngine.Rendering.MSAASamples msaaSamples, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.XRPass xrPass) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/Camera/HDCamera.cs:325)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.TryCalculateFrameParameters (UnityEngine.Camera camera, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.XRPass xrPass, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDAdditionalCameraData& additionalCameraData, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera& hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableCullingParameters& cullingParams) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:2224)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1043)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at <c254d6bddee24edb8742cd1c78b0db19>:0)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at <c254d6bddee24edb8742cd1c78b0db19>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

and this is the bottom one:

XRSystem.ReleaseFrame() was not called!
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Thanks in advance Screenshot.jpg

2. Blinkq

Blinkq

Hello, does this error reported/fixed ? Same for me, in 2019.3.0b6

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.UpdateVolumetricLightingPerCameraData (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera hdCamera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@7.1.2/Runtime/Lighting/VolumetricLighting/VolumetricLighting.cs:356)

3. Tomas-Kiniulis

Tomas-Kiniulis

Unity Technologies

Hi strongbox3d and Blinkq,

I've tried reproducing the issue on 2019.2.5f1 with 6.9.1 without any luck. Do you encounter this issue with a new project created? If possible, please file a bug report with a reproduction project attached and steps on how to reproduce this issue and post the ticket number here.