Search Unity

Bug Editor Play Mode works only 1 time with Quest 2 / link.

Discussion in 'VR' started by silentpundit, Jul 17, 2022.

1. silentpundit

silentpundit

All of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere a few days ago, when using play mode in Unity with Quest 2 / link cable, everything works fine one time. After that, the Oculus VR environment seems to lose awareness of Unity, and playmode works in the desktop Game window but not the headset. Restarting Unity gets me back to working 1 time until the problem repeats.

I found this one thread from 5 days ago seemingly of the same issue but the workaround isn't working for me: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Unit...y-only-works-once-with-Quest-Link/td-p/972906

Anyone else having this problem?

2. silentpundit

silentpundit

Update in case anyone else is having this problem too:

I disabled/re-enabled the Oculus XR package, which updated version from 1.5.1 to 1.12.1 (my Unity version is 2019.4.38f1). This fixed the 'one time only problem,' BUT introduced a new totally bizarre problem where most of the viewport is black except for a small sliver surrounded by triangular tiles to reveal it. I'm going to assume there's some weird version mismatch. Now I'm wondering if I need to upgrade my Unity version. I really really don't want to do that right now.

3. silentpundit

silentpundit