Search Unity

Bug Editor performance drastically better without packages

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CaffeinatedCoolaid, Jul 17, 2021.

1. CaffeinatedCoolaid

CaffeinatedCoolaid

Every one is already aware of the horrible performance in editor now days. Just today though I created a fresh project (non SRP) for the first time in a while and was shocked to find the the editor running just as fast as it seemed to in 5.0 days. I wanted to use some functions from the CoreSRP packaged so I installed the ShaderGraph packaged to automatically get CoreSRP and them bam! Back to horrible 10-30 second wait times every time I compile script!

I'm not sure if this is package related though I'm pretty sure it has to do with assembly definitions, I though the entire point of packages and asm files was to speed things up?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, I also went out of my way to remove all the packages I could (meaning no IDE editor tools, or nice to have packages, no quick search, also replaced all my burst scripts to get rid of burst etc) and editor experience improved a lot… (compilation / play times etc)

Unfortunately, I do not think it is a bug.