Search Unity

Editor pause when open a menù

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Clodo, May 23, 2016.

1. Clodo

Clodo

If i play a scene in the editor, and after i click an editor menù (for example File or Window), the scene are paused.
    Note: 'Pause' button is not in a pressed status. Player settings already have "Run as background".

How i can avoid that?

I'm writing a plugin that mirror the desktop in the VR over a texture.
    In VR i can interact with inspector, scene view etc, but when i click a menù, Editor will pause, and with HTC Vive the dashboard are showed because Unity don't render anymore until the menù it's closed.

Thanks for any feedback.

syberpuppy likes this.
  2. Clodo

Clodo

This is what i mean:

I filled a bug-report. With "Run in background" Unity still play also if i switch to another app, but not if i open a context menu inside Unity itself.

If the scene use VR, HTC Vive switch to Compositor until the context menu is open, and return to scene when it's closed.

I absolutely need to resolve this issue, any suggestion is very very appreciated. Thanks.

syberpuppy likes this.
  3. syberpuppy

syberpuppy

I have exactly the same problem for exactly the same feature :D.

It's amazing to developing my game from within my game, It saves me so much time.

Unfortunately, any right clicking on the editor, resizing a pane, or toggling a select box freezes my game, making the feature I made very limited.

Is there any way (a setting, some scripting...) that can help me circumvent this functionality?

4. VGap

VGap

Hello, does anyone have any ideas or workaround?

5. julianigloo

julianigloo

Also interested in this