Search Unity

Editor leaking memory

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jdgauchat, Jul 18, 2017.

1. jdgauchat

jdgauchat

Hi, Guys. I'm new to Unity and I have a problem with memory. The editor keeps sucking all the memory in my system. I have a MacBook Pro with 16Gb. When I open Unity I have over 10Gb available. After 10 or 15 minutes working with Unity the memory goes down to 0. I downloaded an app to clean memory, but I have to run a cleanup every 10 or 15 minutes while I'm using Unity or I run out of memory.

This happens without loading a big project, just working with the Roll a Ball example is enough to run our of memory. I have to clean up the memory every 15 minutes maximum or I get the message "Out of Memory". It is very annoying and distracting. It happened with the last version of Unity 5 and now it happens with Unity 2017.1 (I think that with this last version the problem is even worse). Is this normal or there is something I can do about it?

Thanks
    JD

2. jdgauchat

jdgauchat

Nevermind. I set up the app to clean up memory when it goes down the 5Gb and solved my problem. I still don't understand how Unity can use all the memory in the system in such a short period of time. Is it always like this?