Search Unity

Bug Editor Lagging to the point where it's unusable

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by denissuu, Nov 6, 2020.

1. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there! For some odd reason, this morning, the Unity Editor started almost freezing, working extremely bad.After further analysis, I've found out that Collab.Tick from the Editor Loop takes up 99.5% of my resources and makes my editor work horribly bad.

I cannot use Unity in this shape and I'm totally sure this is not an issue from my end as starting play mode solves this, because Collab.Tick is not working while in Play Mode I guess.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I've seen some posts on the forum of this occuring in the past and being a service degradation issue, but I've checked the status page and everything seems to be operational.

If it helps, I'm using 2020.1.10f1 and this is not tied to only 1 project, everywhere where Collaborate is activated, this happens.

Are you guys aware of this issue already or is it new?

This is really ruining my workflow and some deadlines that I have..

Thanks for the help! :)

2. Mogthew

Mogthew

Uninstall the unity collab package from the package manager. Other people have found that fixes the issue

denissuu likes this.
  3. denissuu

denissuu

For some odd reason it started working again without doing this, but now it came back and it seems that this doesn't really help at all.As soon as I turn collaborate back on this starts happening once again even though I've reinstalled the package.