Search Unity

Editor interface

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mikef, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mikef

mikef

Stupid question from an artist here.
    Somehow all my lights and particle effects in the scene i'm working on are no longer visible.
    I can select them in the hierarchy list, but the icons and light cones are no visible. I must have turned something off, but cant figure out what it is. Thanks for any help.

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Select one of your objects in the Hierarchy list and hit the "F" key (this frames the selected object in the Scene View)... do they show up now?

3. mikef

mikef

it zoomed in properly, however, the only thing that showed up was my x,y,z manipulators.

Just noticed this error, not sure if its related.

No Assert String available
    UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawBuiltinGizmos()
    UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawBuiltinGizmos()
    UnityEditor.Handles:DrawBuiltinGizmos() (at C:\builds\unity-trunk\unity\Editor\Mono\Generated\EditorHandles.cs:546)
    UnityEditor.SceneView:OnGUI() (at C:\builds\unity-trunk\unity\Editor\Mono\SceneView\SceneView.cs:369)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[])
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[])
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at C:\builds\unity-trunk\unity\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:156)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at C:\builds\unity-trunk\unity\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:491)

[..\..\Runtime\GfxDevice\d3d\GfxDeviceD3D9.cpp line 2532]

4. mikef

mikef

ugh, system restart fixed it.
    Should have tried that first, sorry guys.