Search Unity

Editor has stopped responding to input?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Homicide, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Homicide

Homicide

so heres a simple script...

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Update(){
    2.     Debug.Log(Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
    3. }
    Sure enough, on the console, 0 is output, but the strange thing is that when i press W, or S, it remains on zero. i double checked the Input Manager to ensure all is well.

Anyone ever encounter this bug or strange behaviour with Unity?

2. Homicide

Homicide

Whats weird is , a new project works fine. Its like somehow the InputManager got corrupted in last project, yet i have done nothing with input at all. barely any thing in it at all even.

has anyone encountered corrupted unity projects? best way to resolve?

3. Homicide

Homicide

Ok, heres a little more information about this issue. I seem to have duplicated the problem.

It seems when i switch from PC Build to android build, thats when it stops responding forever more.

Im not sure whats up, as i have coded successfully on android only via touch in one app, successful pc only in another build, and finally, im trying to make a project that detects pc or android, but the input completely fails after switching from one to the other...

i switched from PC to android after creating and running the controls successfully on PC. As soon as switching to android, stops working, even after switching back to PC. Its just broken.

Maybe scripting isnt the right category for this topic, but if anyone can even point me in the correct direction it would be hugely appreciated.

Im starting to lean towards the EventSystem thats being added to my scene is the proble, as soon as its added everything is broken. Furthermor, when i delete it , everythings still broken afterwards. :(

Ty.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  4. Homicide

Homicide

Well its comfirmed, it is unitys new EventSystem that ruined all my code input ./ controllers.

I realise this is supposed to be alot easier with the new system, but everything releated to EventSystem that im realising i need to learn , is undocumented, no tutorials , no knowledge except by a few it seems.

AxisEventData : for eg ... not one example , literally no documentation at all on how this all works.

SIgh. it seems im alone sortin this one out.

5. Homicide

Homicide

Disregard this thread, feel free to delete @moderator

Turns out im just a bafoon. After swapping to PC Build, i neglected to disconnect my android unity remote, and THAT alone caused complete breakdown of all input.

Lesson learned.

Sorry guys.

6. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

Every developer feels like this now and again (Or more often for some ;) ). Its good for others to see the progression in fixing issues.

Homicide likes this.