Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor freezes when entering play mode

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Driven, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Driven

Driven

Hi, there is a bug in all versions including 2019.3.a12 when entering play mode, the editor stops working.

It's happening with masteraudio in the scene but I couldn't narrow down the cause, I only know it's related to the weights (amount of sound instances).

Case 1176317

Anyone from unity can have a look at this? Repo project is attached to the case.

2. wkaj

wkaj

Unity Technologies

Investigating, but in the meantime, if you:
    1) delete the MasterAudio GO, then enter playmode, it will work.
    2) Exit playmode.
    3) Undo, restoring the MasterAudio GO, then enter playmode, it will work also.

3. Driven

Driven

@wkaj thx for having a look at it. It indeed works if i do the steps you described but only temporarily. When i save the scene, close it and reopen it again, press play it freezes again so this workaround does not really help :(

4. oleg_v

oleg_v

Are there any updates? 2020.2.1f still have the issue. Working fine for some time, but again - freezes for about 1 minute on entering play mode :(
    Previously i though it was sync between Unity - VSCode/Rider, but no. Even with closed IDEs Unity hangs on entering play mode. The only things helped - restarting after several hours.
    Last case was the following: i got crash related to layout (https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity3d-2020-1-6-project-opens-two-windows.981942/), reset layout and now every entering play mode freeze for 1+ minute :(

Side notes:
    - now every start of Unity (not sure from what version it began) i got 1+ minute of "Refresh assets database"
    - In time of sporadic hangs, if i click "Save" prior to enter PlayMode, editor hangs for 10-15 seconds, w/o "Save" PlayMode working w/o freezes.

CPU = 0%, GPU = 0%, no shaderCompilers running, RAM is almost full, but per CPU no GC is working. So it's more like "locking issue". Could you please suggest some solution/workaround?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  5. oleg_v

oleg_v

Last update: issue occurred again and again (on enter play mode, on save, on exit play mode etc), found every time Unity hangs for >5 seconds, new sub process begins to eat CPU :) Kill it and continue working without delays. Seems all functions are working normally.
    upload_2021-2-14_1-24-0.png

6. duckSPLASH

duckSPLASH

Ah, this post is recent enough I guess.

The above here doesn't really work for me. I kill that process, the others just die with it a few seconds later.

My problem maybe isn't entirely the same, but the outcome is.

I get a lot of addition processes...

Attached Files:

7. zza0554922566

zza0554922566

what fu**** MasterAudio S***?