Search Unity

Feedback Editor feature request: Double click on windows tab maximizes-minimizes the window.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AlanMattano, Aug 23, 2020.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

If you double click on the windows tab it maximizes the window or minimizes it. Instead of shift space or right-click and selection, I wish to accelerate the process and use only the mouse (one hand is more relaxing).

• 1. Left Double click over the tab of the window, maximize (or minimize) the window.
    Like Microsoft Windows UI.

I often switch Scene and Game windows. Especially when they are maximized. I use "Maximize On Play" (enable) so game window maximizes itself in play mode. But if I what to pass to the maximize "Scene" view, there is a lot of clicking back and forward.

• 2. [Ctrl] + [Tab] switching between "Game" and different "Scene" views when the are maximize.
    Like Rhino3D UI.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

By "minimize" you actually mean to restore the previous window size and position prior maximizing, right?

3. Sesshomurai

Sesshomurai

I agree with this. Having to use two clicks (RMB) and a mouse motion just to maximize a window or minimize it is tiresome and unnecessary. Simple double click to maximize and restore (to what it was) would be much easier on your wrist for such a common action.