Search Unity

Editor error spam [GUI Window tried to begin rendering... Assertion failed...: 'device.IsInFrame'...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AndrewCzarnietzki, Apr 11, 2017.

1. AndrewCzarnietzki

AndrewCzarnietzki

Hey!

New installation of 5.6.0f3. I am in the Windows 10 build configuration (hololens), in an otherwise blank Unity project. I am using the default Perforce integration.

I now get the following errors constantly, basically on almost any editor refresh (selecting an object, changing viewport, modifying a serialized field):

//==========

GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

Expected top level layout group missing! Too many GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/LayoutGroup.cs:115)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:299)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:286)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:276)
    UnityEditor.Editor.DrawHeaderGUI (UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.String header, Single leftMargin) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:471)
    UnityEditor.Editor.DrawHeaderGUI (UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.String header) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:463)
    UnityEditor.Editor.OnHeaderGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:359)
    UnityEditor.Editor.DrawHeader () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:352)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1105)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1019)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:358)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Assertion failed on expression: 'device.IsInsideFrame()'

//==========

Restarting the editor doesn't change anything. I've had no issue with the previous Unity 5.X series, though the last version I was on was 5.4.0f1.

This is the default view-port layout on a single monitor display - nothing fancy.

This seemed to happen after adding Perforce, though I'm not sure. I'd also say that Perforce is slightly more valuable than the annoyance factor, but this is still pretty annoying. Anyone else see similar or have a potential workaround?

2. AndrewCzarnietzki

AndrewCzarnietzki

Definitely perforce integration. If I go back to visible meta files, the error spam stops.

3. Mark-Davis

Mark-Davis

I've seen the same thing since the 5.6 betas, and I think you may be correct about Perforce. On the few occasions that I've setup a new Perforce workspace and opened it in Unity, but before re-enabling Perforce in Unity, the problem hasn't appeared. Any luck finding a solution to this?

4. Mark-Davis

Mark-Davis

So after setting Perforce logging to verbose, it seems that every time the Perforce fstat command is called, it's followed by the error mentioned above.

Together, it looks something like this:

fstat ".../Assets/.../Rock0.mat" ".../Assets/.../Rock0.mat.meta"
    User xxxxxx ticket expires in 11 hours 8 minutes.
    .../Assets/.../Rock0.mat
    .../Assets/.../Rock0.mat.meta

GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

... additional spew ...

5. Mark-Davis

Mark-Davis

To add a little more context... I enabled verbose mode to debug the problem, not to cause it. Also, for me, this occurs whenever I select an object that I haven't recently selected.

AndrewCzarnietzki likes this.
  6. Mark-Davis

Mark-Davis

7. unwitty

unwitty

I'm getting the same error, but with Plastic.