Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor download fails for version 2017.1.3

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by holo-krzysztof, Feb 1, 2018.

1. holo-krzysztof

holo-krzysztof

This might not have to be an issue with the hub itself, but I've encountered this a few times already and now again. I tried to download the editor twice and it gave me an error message that it failed and the file might be corrupt or something along those lines.

Many installers have sanity checks in place, yet I've rarely experienced this with other software while it happens pretty often with Unity. Could it be an error in your download/write to disk code, maybe?

I can't reproduce this at will, so it might not be as useful - just a heads up for you guys.

Also, the hub is pretty nice. I'd have a minor suggestion, though: if the installation fails (as it did in my case), remember the previously selected components so that I don't have to do this again. That'd be really convenient.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! We are aware of this issue and plan on fixing the download experience as soon as possible. You can expect a more reliable download/install experience around the time we publish an official release.

Right now our UI would be ambiguous if we displayed a different module selection than the defaults. However, I will forward your concern to our UX expert and we will see how we can make your life easier on that front.

Best

3. sivrikaya

sivrikaya

Getting "editor download failed" error on every try for every version of Unity after automatic update to Unity Hub Version 0.13.0 (0.13.0) on Mac.

FIX: delete and reinstall unity hub.
    Cause: Group of Unity Hub application changed to "staff" from "admin" during update. Changing group back to "admin" or deleting and reinstalling the app fixed this issue.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    zchek and sirjoan620 like this.
  4. yadhukrishnan0070

yadhukrishnan0070

It's happening again

5. flashjunk

flashjunk

I'm getting this error as well.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This thread is over a year old. Could you be more specific and ideally open a new one if the issue/environment isn't really similar?

Best,

7. HTMCode

HTMCode

I am also getting this error

8. KeanuV

KeanuV

Im having the same issue, on the non tutorial version of unity hub and on the tutorial version of unity hub.
    Im on a mac right now and everytime i try to install it it stop about 80% through and tells me that the download failed.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  9. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi guys,
    I tried installing the unity version 2017.1.3f1 from this link for archived versions https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive in the hub and I wasn't able to reproduce your issue (everything worked fine). I would advise to file a bug report through the hub so that our QA can investigate the problem you are facing. Thank you !