Search Unity

Editor download fails for version 2017.1.3

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by holo-krzysztof, Feb 1, 2018.

1. holo-krzysztof

holo-krzysztof

This might not have to be an issue with the hub itself, but I've encountered this a few times already and now again. I tried to download the editor twice and it gave me an error message that it failed and the file might be corrupt or something along those lines.

Many installers have sanity checks in place, yet I've rarely experienced this with other software while it happens pretty often with Unity. Could it be an error in your download/write to disk code, maybe?

I can't reproduce this at will, so it might not be as useful - just a heads up for you guys.

Also, the hub is pretty nice. I'd have a minor suggestion, though: if the installation fails (as it did in my case), remember the previously selected components so that I don't have to do this again. That'd be really convenient.

muhammedkosekofficial likes this.
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! We are aware of this issue and plan on fixing the download experience as soon as possible. You can expect a more reliable download/install experience around the time we publish an official release.

Right now our UI would be ambiguous if we displayed a different module selection than the defaults. However, I will forward your concern to our UX expert and we will see how we can make your life easier on that front.

Best

muhammedkosekofficial likes this.
  3. sivrikaya

sivrikaya

Getting "editor download failed" error on every try for every version of Unity after automatic update to Unity Hub Version 0.13.0 (0.13.0) on Mac.

FIX: delete and reinstall unity hub.
    Cause: Group of Unity Hub application changed to "staff" from "admin" during update. Changing group back to "admin" or deleting and reinstalling the app fixed this issue.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    zchek and sirjoan620 like this.
  4. yadhukrishnan0070

yadhukrishnan0070

It's happening again

5. flashjunk

flashjunk

I'm getting this error as well.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This thread is over a year old. Could you be more specific and ideally open a new one if the issue/environment isn't really similar?

Best,

7. HTMCode

HTMCode

I am also getting this error

8. KeanuV

KeanuV

Im having the same issue, on the non tutorial version of unity hub and on the tutorial version of unity hub.
    Im on a mac right now and everytime i try to install it it stop about 80% through and tells me that the download failed.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  9. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi guys,
    I tried installing the unity version 2017.1.3f1 from this link for archived versions https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive in the hub and I wasn't able to reproduce your issue (everything worked fine). I would advise to file a bug report through the hub so that our QA can investigate the problem you are facing. Thank you !

10. MarcClintDion

MarcClintDion

I'm also having the same issue mid-March 2020.

@safaGH there doesn't appear to be a bug report tool in the hub, only forum categories which look like they will just link back here.

swarajmahindre5 likes this.
  11. swarajmahindre5

swarajmahindre5

I am having the same issue, I also tried to install older versions of the editor but unable to..

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm also having the same issue.
    Today, in the morning time I was trying to install unity editor with bunch of other modules(Android support,Windows support,etc) in unity hub and it was almost 85% to 90% downloaded the package suddenly disappeared.At that time, I had no clue what to do.I don't have a proper internet connection so I paid for High speed data pack for downloading and still failed to download.Please, concern thinking about this bug because not everyone has a post paid broadband connection so that they could download unity editor(about 1.5 GB) again and again till it's successfully downloaded.In one of the threads(https://forum.unity.com/threads/editor-download-failed-incomplete-or-corrupted-download-file.519098/), People have reported two solutions:
    1. By selecting only the unity editor for download in unity hub, successfully finishes the download.
    2. Downloading the unity editor from Unity's official Archive page(https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive) also downloads the editor successfully.
    But I don't even have sufficient amount of data pack left to try these solutions. Please, try to resolve this bug. It's unsolved since 2 damn years !! I've attached my log files(info-log.json & install-log.json) from "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs" to this reply. I hope this bug gets fixed soon. Peace.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2020
  13. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

There is a bug reporter in the hub that is accessible from the account menu or the tray menu.

14. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

We understand your frustration, but you said yourself that your internet is not stable. The current editor installation in the hub needs improvements for sure (we are working on new features such as pause/resume/retry downloads or download now, install later...) but we have also other features and fixes that we are working on. I hope you can at least download the editor only with your current internet and you can install the modules later.

15. Jimmy31

Jimmy31

Did anybody solved it yet.if yes then pls help me nothing is working for me its always the same damn error from 2 years it happens for every version after wasting around 15 to 20 GB data i have to download archives of editor then I have to download android support and ndk jdk sdk separately and everything keeps meshing up for so long and I'm tired of it. after all il2cpp is still a not working pls help meeeeeeeeeeeee

16. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

get this issue every time i try to download the editor on a new laptop. If I download from the archive I can't then add Android or iOS support as modules in the Hub. What is the suggested work around? Android studio is huge and what do i do for iOS?
    I have slow but constant internet c. 5mbs. The unity.exe downloaded fine but not via the hub

thanks

17. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you everyone for the feedback. The team has shared that a future version will address this issue.

18. NOT_Kimo

NOT_Kimo

i still have this issue and i cant download unity

19. GeckoTheFirst

GeckoTheFirst

In my case, I'm using the latest Unity Hub, and when I try to install Unity 2018 it gives me the error: corrupted file. Unchecking the boxes didn't help much, and Unity 2019 simply goes on installing forever
    This works fine on my newer (slower) Windows 10 system, but my updated Windows 7 system refuses to download it.
    Any suggestions?

20. Lacostic

Lacostic

++
    I'm trying to install versions again and again. It fails even on 99% of complete download :mad:
    And what's totally mad – after downloads fail I about 23Gb of disk space is simple disappears! My system indicates them back only after new downloads attempt (which is failing again)
    Another weird thing – the Hub calculating free space by weird manner. Even if I have 50Gb free space it indicates only 17GB. Also 10.4GB space required for the editor only? o_O

Attached Files:

21. WillowN

WillowN

4 years later and the same issue keeps happening....