Search Unity

Bug Editor cursor is not working in KDE or other desktop environments properly excludes Gnome

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GordonM, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Is anyone else having this issue?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. GordonM

GordonM

I've experimented with Gnome and KDE on the same distribution.

I'm using Debian, with the latest KDE and Gnome.

Gnome works fine with the UI and the cursor defaults to what is configured in the desktop environment.

However on KDE it picks a fallback cursor from XORG, can you please look into supporting other desktop environments too as the fallback cursor is not very good.

This is also an issue on Cinnamon and I believe XFCE too. The rest of the editor works fine.

Tested this on Unity 2017.3 and 2017.2f3 on linux, the issue persists.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. guybro_thunderboots

guybro_thunderboots

> p.s. ubuntu are dropping gnome support, so having others working before that time would be a good idea.

Ubuntu isn't dropping Gnome; they're dropping Unity and moving to a slightly customized Gnome 3 environment (essentially Gnome 3 + some forked extensions).

3. GordonM

GordonM

Thank you for the clarification, just re-read up on this and will amend my post :)

4. jahendrie

jahendrie

Having the same issue, doesn't matter which DE I'm using. Tried Openbox, Gnome, KDE and XFCE.

It's not like, mission critical or anything, just kind of aggravating having the mouse switching direction when in Unity.

GordonM likes this.
  5. PJayB

PJayB

Unity Technologies

I can't reproduce this on Unity 2017.3 with KDE 5, GNOME 3, Cinnamon, XFCE, or even i3. Could I have a volunteer to try it with the new release of Unity, please? If it still repros, let me know what distro, distro version and DE you're using and I'll have QA verify.

6. jahendrie

jahendrie

The mouse cursor issue persists, but thankfully the text input issue seems to have been resolved (somehow?). Currently using KDE.

7. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

This might help:

jahendrie, PJayB and GordonM like this.
  8. jahendrie

jahendrie

Worked, thanks. :)

Using a different theme, but apparently 'arrow' isn't a super common cursor type, at least as far as Breeze and its various flavors are concerned.