Search Unity

Editor Crashes when building the project from the command line

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Zenix, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Zenix

Zenix

Since upgrading our project to Unity 5, our automated build scripts now cause the Unity Editor to crash.

Using Unity 5.1.1p3, but have tried other versions (including Unity 5.2 RC2) and have the same issue.

It seems to get caught up importing some small textures from the facebook sdk. Sometimes it will run correctly, but most of the time it hard crashes.

The same problem does not seem to occur if I just open the project in the editor normally.

The problem occurs on multiple computers. We have other Unity 5 projects that run fine (again using automated build scripts).

Bug Report Logged: Case 722863 (Please note that the entire project is much too big to be uploaded).

Some highlights from the log file (which is only written to some of the times when it crashes):

I have various crash dumps I'd be happy to upload somewhere... the log files from the crash dumps look like:

2. Zenix

Zenix

An exciting new stack trace...

3. pweeks

pweeks

which log did you pull this from? i'm having the exact same issue, but when i open the editor.log there is nothing in it that is useful

4. Zenix

Zenix

I got it from the editor.log (which was only written to some of the times when it crashed), but the crash dumps were in the unity install directory.

For the record, my particular issue was Unity rejecting my texture import settings (due to a Unity bug). I got around it by changing all the textures back to 32bit.