Search Unity

Editor crash when loading a specific scene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Korimaru88, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Korimaru88

Korimaru88

Editor is crashing every time a specific scene is opened. This doesn't happen with any other scene in my project. I have been regularly modifying this scene for over a year now with no problems. Not sure what could be causing this. The stack trace gives me Unity::CharacterJoint::Create. There are ragdolls with character joints in the scene but how could that be the cause of a crash?

I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd try opening the project in the latest 2018.4.x LTS release. 2018.4.2 mentions in the release notes a fix for an editor crash related to prefabs with configurable joints. Might be related. If not then I'd file a bug with Unity and roll back changes in your project to just prior to this issue starting.

3. Korimaru88

Korimaru88

No luck. Really strange since I've tried rolling back the scene to well before this started happening and it still crashes.

4. Korimaru88

Korimaru88

Fixed, sort of. I moved the problem scene into an older working project and opened the scene with no problems, which really just raises more questions since it means there is nothing wrong with the file itself and something off about the project. I deleted all the character joints present in the scene and moved the file back to the latest project. Now I'm just dealing with some missing prefab issues since I had to save the scene with an older project.

No idea how this happened but it sucks I had to lose a day to it.

5. Blacky_ll

Blacky_ll

FIXED - Create a scene and create a button to change the scene and open it in game by pressing that button, then it should work, but if it doesn't, just pause and copy everything

PutridEx likes this.