Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Editor closes without error after "Initialize Scripting" or "Initialize Graphics"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by xxsgtbradleyxx, May 15, 2023.

1. xxsgtbradleyxx

xxsgtbradleyxx

Hi guys,
    so basically any version after and including 2021.3 doesnt start for me. It almonst instantly crashes after reaching "Initialize Graphics".
    upload_2023-5-15_13-29-13.png

Some caveats:
    • I have no VPN
    • Versions BEFORE 2021 work fine
    • I have a Pro license but it doesnt start with a Personal license either (re-adding licenses)
    • Editor.log shows no relevant information, these are the last couple lines :
    • the Windows Event viewer suggests the source of the crash is a module named "mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll"
    What ive tried so far - to no avail:
    • Started with admin rights
    • Looked into firewall settings
    • Complete uninstall and reinstall of Unity and Unity Hub (+ removing files in AppData, ProgramData and in the registry)
    • Using older Unity Hub versions (2.4.5, 2.0.4)
    Device specs:
    • Ryzen R5 5600X
    • AMD 7900XT
    • Windows 10 2H22
    The problem has been persistent for a couple months now. It was managable til now because I could comfortably work on the project on my Ubuntu device but not anymore due to an incompatible plugin.
    I was suspecting there was something wrong with my GPU drivers but that is unlikely because I have switched from my old Nvidia GTX 1070 to an AMD 7900XT.

Im lost and frustrated, the last couple days showed no progress whatsoever. I would appreciate any help..
    Thank you

demirevhr likes this.
  2. 7uc4s

7uc4s

Hey,
    I have the exact same problem as you, would also be interested to know.

Running Windows 11, AMD 3900X, RTX 3080Ti

The only meaningful log I've found is this:
    {"timestamp":"2023-06-05T14:39:30.069Z","level":"info","moduleName":"LaunchProcess","message":"[ 'child process exited with code 3221225477' ]"}

The exit code in hex is 'C0000005', so segfault happening somewhere :(

UPDATE: Managed to make it run by attaching VS19 debugger to the Unity.exe process....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    demirevhr likes this.