Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor camera is jittery?

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Innovine, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Innovine

Innovine

There is something wrong with the editor camera movement for me. When moving the camera in the editor, upon releasing the arrow key, the camera position jitters a little bit forwards and backwards for a frame or two. It is extremely annoying.

This only occurs with my existing project which I imported into the beta. IF I stasrt a new project the problem is not there.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a known cause and fix?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. I only see this when I'm zoomed in. But it's natural to have super-sensitive controls when the camera zoomed in. I think.

3. Innovine

Innovine

Its not related to the zoom level, and its not jittery mouse movement. Its when I pan the camera using the keyboard. On key up, it sort of flickers between some nearby locations for a frame or two. Its always and exactly occurring on key up. All the other movement is as expected.

4. Player7

Player7

Maybe for 2019 they can actually do something about adding some better customization preferences for the editor camera,

framing up on scene objects, hit and miss, and depending on how the camera clipping plane can be really annoying to fix with mousewheel zooming(because that for some reason also controls clipping plane distance)

flying speed zero built in way of adjusting the initial speed (to damn slow for the most part when dealing with large scene objects) and if moving for a while it gets to damn fast ...with again zero built in way of setting any custom min/max pickup speeds etc.

it's all a bit rubbish really with Unity thinking they know best and doing nothing about making it easily customizable in a preference panel...seriously it can't be hard and you have the source to do it properly.

Roni92pl likes this.
  5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Im pretty sure if you double tap F you will frame the object with clipping planes set correctly but dont quote me on that

6. Innovine

Innovine

That's not it either :/

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction project and ideally a video of the described behaviour attached?

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Only add replies if they contain data. Complaining without constructive elements will be deleted, alpha forums heavily moderated.

Peter77 likes this.