Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Editor audio toggle issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by 500_pts, Jun 20, 2020.

1. 500_pts

500_pts

Hey, cross posting this from the audio forum for visibility, but I am currently seeking help for a rather severe issue im encountering with the unity editor. The editor audio toggle keeps turning off every time I enter play mode, even in a blank scene. This happens across all versions of unity I currently have installed, so I imagine this is some preferences thing that I am unaware of. This is an absolute work-halter, so i'm hoping some sage Unity wizard will be able to save me here. Attached a video of this issue for clarity, and thanks SO much in advance for any help anyone can provide!

2. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

Hello, 500_pts

I've checked this with 2019.4LTS(did reproduce) and 2020.2(didn't reproduce). It seems like a bug that has already been fixed in the current alphas. I will let our audio developers know about this, maybe we will get a backport of that fix to 2019.4LTS.

3. KilledByToaster

KilledByToaster

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue in 2019.4.8f1, and can't upgrade to 2020.2 Due to some issues with Oculus Integration. Any update on when this could be fixed for 2019.4LTS?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  4. Predulus

Predulus

Having this issue in 2020.3

It wasn't happening at first, then suddenly it started happening, and I can't fix it. Help please.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  5. MattRix

MattRix

Just gonna point out that some people might be getting confused and actually be unmuting the *scene view* rather than the *game view*, then running the game and wondering why it's still muted.