Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor assembly loading issues - "unloading broken assembly", "could not load signature"

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Bortos, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bortos

Bortos

I'm trying to get a bunch of the Microsoft.Extensions.* libraries in Unity and I've found it would work fine in a small quick project, but complains when I started separating them into different folders. It builds, but the editor complains:

upload_2019-10-3_1-0-42.png

The above errors do not seem to prevent a successful build, and the build demonstrates the libraries are working successfully.

I have found that the editor doesn't report errors if all the assemblies are within the same folder:

upload_2019-10-3_1-4-26.png
    Above is good! No errors

upload_2019-10-3_1-4-53.png

Above is bad, and the editor isn't happy.

Both projects produce a build fine, but I'd rather get rid of the errors and enable the assemblies to be nested in their own folder - as I am making them modular through Unity's packages.

I have attached a .zip file with both projects.

Can I do anything to prevent these errors?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bug in the editor assembly loading logic. Can you file a bug?

3. TheZombieKiller

TheZombieKiller

I believe the build works correctly because all of the assemblies get moved to the same folder (Data/Managed), so there are no issues resolving them.

4. bdovaz

bdovaz

@Tautvydas-Zilys @JoshPeterson @joncham @jonas-echterhoff

I have the exact same problem. Initially I thought it was because of the Package manager but in reality it has to do with the separation by folders. In that thread I have a bug report and in successive posts a couple of examples in a very simple project.

We are using UPM internally for our code base and this is stopping us completely.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/err...on-which-folder-it-is-in.766583/#post-5113808

5. bdovaz

bdovaz

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. bdovaz

bdovaz

Case 1196416

Case 1193928

8. bdovaz

bdovaz