Search Unity

Feedback [Editor] Addressables - Unable to load runtime data at location

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Magikurp, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Magikurp

Magikurp

Hello,
    I've been getting the following error message any time I try to instantiate an AssetReference.

Addressables - Unable to load runtime data at location UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.ResourceManagerRuntimeData, Unity.Addressables, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.AssetReference:Instantiate(Transform, Boolean)
    LoadAddressable:Awake() (at Assets/LoadAddressable.cs:12)

This is on a brand new project on a completely clean installation including registry, local and roaming app data.
    I've been fighting this for a couple days and I managed to narrow it down to one critical difference - install location. If I install the project on my C: drive, it works correctly. This is not an option for me as it is a very small SSD. I need to install my 4 GB (far from new) project on my D: drive but then the issue comes back.

I've seen the suggestions offered here, which were of little help.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/editor-unable-to-load-runtime-data-at-location.726560/

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :D

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll send this over to the team to look into. Which Addressables version, and version of the editor are you on?

3. Magikurp

Magikurp

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.
    The editor version for my project is currently 2019.2.14f1. I've tried other versions and the problem persists.
    My Addressables version is 1.6.2 but the newer 1.7.4 also has the same issue.
    I strongly believe there is a problem with my local files and if possible I would like some guidance to pinpoint where it is.

Again, thank you for your time.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the additional details. Quick question, is your Unity installation on your D: drive or C: drive?