Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Editor absolutely unusable due to Collaborate

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by denissuu, Nov 9, 2020.

1. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there! For some odd reason, this morning, the Unity Editor started almost freezing, working extremely bad.After further analysis, I've found out that Collab.Tick from the Editor Loop takes up 99.5% of my resources and makes my editor work horribly bad.

I cannot use Unity in this shape and I'm totally sure this is not an issue from my end as starting play mode solves this, because Collab.Tick is not working while in Play Mode I guess.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I've seen some posts on the forum of this occuring in the past and being a service degradation issue, but I've checked the status page and everything seems to be operational.

If it helps, I'm using 2020.1.10f1 and this is not tied to only 1 project, everywhere where Collaborate is activated, this happens.

Are you guys aware of this issue already or is it new?

This is really ruining my workflow and some deadlines that I have..

I've tried turning Collaborate On and Off, reinstalling the package etc.I need it to be always enabled and this makes Unity absolutely unusable!

It's happening randomly, after some time it comes back to normal for some reason, so I don't really know what's causing this.

Is this issue on Unity's side or what's happening here?

Thanks for the help! :)

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Do you use Collaborate though? If not, just remove the package. There's lots of other threads on this issue.

denissuu likes this.
  3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @denissuu, that is definitely not working as intended. I'm sorry that this has affected your workflow so badly. I've tried to reproduce this issue on Mac using 2020.1.10f1 but with no luck. The Profiler shows the normal Collab.Tick that pops up every second or so, but it takes as long to process as Application.Tick does during that single frame in an empty project. I'd like some help in reproducing this issue.

Can you tell me 1) what OS you're running on, 2) if you're using a VPN/firewall, and 3) if this issue started recently or when you starting using 2020.1?

denissuu likes this.
  4. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there! Sure! I am using windows 10 on the latest version, no VPN/firewall other than the windows firewall, the issue started recently and it's not always happening, I've been using 2020.1 for a few months before it started doing this from time to time.

5. denissuu

denissuu

I am using Collaborate, so I can't just do that.Right now I'm working on a project with a friend.

6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I highly recommend switching to an open source standard such as git. It plays really well with Unity and our entire company uses at a fairly large scale. There are tons of tutorials as well as companies that allow free hosting of private repositories. No need to go with closed source unknowns!

7. denissuu

denissuu

I was going with collaborate for ease of use, but I might try git out instead for version control.Last time I tried to use it was when I tried out using Unreal and it wasn't really that complicated to set up.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the added info. I tried reproducing this issue with 2020.1.10f1 and 2020.1.12f1 on Windows 10 using an HDRP project, but no luck there either. Could you please open a Support ticket with us so that we can investigate this issue further? You can do that by doing the following:

1. Navigate to your project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

denissuu likes this.
  9. denissuu

denissuu

Sure! As soon as I get home I will go ahead and create a ticket.Thanks for the help!

LeonhardP likes this.