Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Editing Same Custom Script On Prefab

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Weebeez, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Weebeez

Weebeez

Hey Unity Devs,

Friend and I were doing some test on the new collab stuff, and it is real solid so far. Definitely a lot of things that are super helpful for development.

We ran into a strange "bug" where we added a custom script with 4 public variables in it; float, string, Rigidbody, and Box Collider.

One of us edited two float & Rigidbody and pushed while the other edited the string & Box Collider and then pulled. It seemed to work perfectly but we got two errors.

Which are posted below respectfully.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on this. These seem like things out of our control as the MissingReferenceException was to the type of the script itself.

Let us know if there is anything else you need or want us to do!

Cheers,
    Patrick Ryan

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Patrick, I'm happy to hear that you've been enjoying using Collab so far!

Those are some interesting errors. Thank you for the screenshots.

Did the script component still manage to auto-merge those changes as expected, taking the changed float and Rigid Body from one user and the string and Box Collider from the other? I just want to make sure that there were no surprises in the merge process beyond these unexpected errors in the console.

3. Weebeez

Weebeez

Hey Ryan!

Yeah everything still merged as expected!

The error only showed up one time when the merge happened, and didn't effect anything else.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Unity Technologies

I'm super glad to hear that it still merged fine. :) We'll make sure to look into that random error.

I hope you continue enjoying using Collab and let us know if you come across any more weirdness like that!