Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Editing polymorphic types in the inspector

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by print_helloworld, May 9, 2022.

1. print_helloworld

print_helloworld

I'm using this package to be able to pick and choose the type, it worked without issues before this major version, and I can't find any issue ticket for this in the tracker so I'm wondering if something internal changed around the managed references with this or if anyone is having this. The issue is:

Editing the value in the inspector will defocus the text field and will require to focus on a text field again. The workaround is to put the inspector into debug mode and then put it back to pretty mode.

It's not a complete deal breaker, polymorphic data still works its just editing and interacting is very frustrating. Not sure if i should bother filing a ticket since the bug only exists because the package shows them in the first place. And from looking at the source package code, I wish there were more low level util functions exposed to us to reduce the amount of silly boilerplate that we have to do around reflection for polymorphic inspectors to make our tools more safe (theyre an amazing feature, 1st party support for the ui for these would be amazing to have)

Hikiko66 likes this.