Search Unity

Editable Motion Path

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Crazydadz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Crazydadz

Crazydadz

Hi guys, i'm actually working on a Editable Motion Path system. Same as Maya 2012 does. Here's a video of what we actually can do. Unfortunately, there's some bug that i need to fix. I only start scripting this system at midnight.

What i want to add:
    - Handles.DrawLine with the exact motion path of the gameObject with a brezier curve depending on keyframe tangent
    - Controling keyframe tangent inside the scene view.

Bug to fix:
    -- Rotation keying (don't know why but even if there's key, my script doesn't catch all of them....)
    -- If we add a keyframe on a single curve e.g: the X position curve and there's no keyframe on the other curves(y, z) the script bug. So i need to automatically add a keyframe on each curve when adding only one keyframe on a single curve.

Give me feedback and ideas

The best should be to create an editor window controlling my animation (Add keyframe at a given time, delete keyframe...etc). This way we won'T need anymore the Animation Curve Editor :)

Sorry for my bad english :)

David Racine

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. welby

welby

That's great.

What is the bug you get from Not keying the rotation? Can you simply key the Rot.x,y,z at the first frame and it won't bug?

Maybe it's getting the rotation order messed up?

3. Crazydadz

Crazydadz

Ok the rotation seems to work now...i reboot Unity...maybe a bug :)