Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Edit "Project Browser" window ?

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by vlampriere, Mar 4, 2024.

1. vlampriere

vlampriere

Is it possible to edit the "Project Browser" window to add custom buttons ? I'd like to add buttons near the searchbar.

I found EditorApplication.projectWindowItemOnGUI which can be used to draw things for every lines inside the window, but that's not what I want because I'd like to draw things outside the folders view.

I noticed it's possible to dig into windows hierarchy with the "UI Toolkit Debbuger" by pressing "Pick Element". But this is only available in some windows but not all of them (like "Project Browser").
    From what I undestand, the UI Toolkit Debbuger can only be used for windows made with VisualElements, and those made without (IMGUI I guess) can't. So I assume that the "Project Browser" window use the old way to draw windows?
    So is there another way to draw custom buttons?