Search Unity

Edit physics shape doesn't update polygon collider for sheets with multiple sprites!?

Discussion in '2D' started by esco1979, Jan 22, 2018.

1. esco1979

esco1979

Hey, everyone. So I was really excited about the edit physics shape option now available for sprite sheets when I heard about it. I figured I could use it as a quicker way of making more accurate hitboxes in my 2D game.

................ until I tried it in-game with an animated sprite and noticed that the polygon collider does NOT update when the sprite changes. And there doesn't appear to be a setting anywhere that will allow this. Am I missing something? Or is the only way to do this at the moment to check for when the sprite changes and then delete and re-add the polygon collider (which is just a waste of resources and a dirty hack basically. But does change the collider to use the current sprite's physics shape).

Thanks in advance.

2. esco1979

esco1979

Really? No one knows anything about this or has anything to say about it? SMH.

3. chilon

chilon

Even if it worked, when you save changes to a sprite within a spritesheet from an editor script it trashes your physicsShape.