Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[EDIT] Calling SceneManager.UnloadScene(Async) stops updating bone animation. (2D Animation & Burst)

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Q-Ted, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Q-Ted

Q-Ted

Hello,

We use the latest 2D Animation package for Unity 2019.2.8f1: preview.2 - 2.2.1

After our game started lagging quite a bit we decided to add the burst package to our project. We immediately saw a performance increase in both builds and the editor.

However when we started testing our builds more thoroughly we noticed that bone animations would only play in the first loaded scene with an animated character in it. Any scene after that, even reloading the same scene, would no longer update the bones of our characters and they would be stuck in their original pose.

There are no warnings or errors in the player.log and in the editor there are no problems. We make use of asset bundles if that is of any help. Removing the Burst package makes it work again.

Any help?

lauraaa likes this.
  2. Q-Ted

Q-Ted

Tried updating to 2019.3.0b8 and using the latest packages, but it sadly does not fix anything.

Currently I can't really create a sample project and bug report, but our flow is roughly:

- Load transition scene async and additive
    - Unload previous scene async
    - Load bundles of next scene if necessary
    - Unload bundles of previous scene if necessary
    - Load next scene async

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  3. Q-Ted

Q-Ted

Found the issue:
    When we call either SceneManager.UnloadSceneAsync() or SceneManager.UnloadScene() it stops updating. For the time being we will remove these calls.

4. jounisuominen

jounisuominen

I'm having the exact same issue. I haven't been able to find a workaround and removing UnloadScene* calls would result in a refactoring of disproportional size.

5. kumamoto10

kumamoto10

I am also in trouble.
    Can't switch scenes, is there any other solution?

Unity 2019.2.14 or Unity 2019.2.15
    2d.animation 2.2.1-preview.2

6. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

If you could file a bug with a repro project that will help us a lot.

At the mean time, we will try to produce it with the steps you provided