Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Edification Purposes: Steel Series 3GC PC controller

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Trys10Studios, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Trys10Studios

Trys10Studios

First let me state I wasn't sure were else to post this, I just wanted to post this in case anyone else happens to run into this issue.

I was struggling to find the info necessary to setup the Steel Series 3GC PC Controller in Unity 5 (I'm currently running the latest update 5.5.4). I searched all over the place looking for any info on this controller. Needless to say, after a ton of scientific method, testing one thing at a time, I was able to figure out what axis work with this controller within Unity. Basically using the following setup worked for me when running the "RigidbodyFirstPersonController" and the "Mouselook" script.

Open the input manager: Edit>Project Settings>Input

Use the Mouse X and Mouse Y inputs (duplicate each one). On Mouse X Put in Description Name: "Right Stick Horizontal." Under "Type" select - "Joystick Axis." Under Axis select - "3rd axis (Joysticks and scrollwheel)": Joy Num Select "Get Motion from all Joysticks"

Repeat for Mouse Y and rename Description to Right Stick Vertical and set the axis to 5th axis. Everything else is the same.

Set Horizontal and Vertical to Joystick Axis and to X-axis and Y-axis repectively. You can set the sensitivity as you see fit and keep in mind there are sensitivities within the Input Manager on each of the inputs (Mouse X, Mouse Y, Horizontal, and Vertical) on the Player script "RigidbodyFirstPersonController" as well.