Search Unity

ECS Error

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mehd, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Mehd

Mehd

Hey !

I'm trying to get started with the new ECS system, but after following the installation steps, I'm stuck with an error saying:
    /home/mehdi/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.5/Unity.Entities/SerializeUtility.cs(153,52): error CS1644: Feature `out variable declaration' cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 6.0 language specification

I have no idea what it means.
    Any help ?

Thanks a lot !

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

Not sure what tutorial you followed, but Brackeys just released a tutorial video of a basic setup for it
    . Maybe just verify you didn't miss a step.

3. Mehd

Mehd

I actually used that one the get me started. Perhaps it is because I'm under Linux.
    Thanks !

4. Deadcow_

Deadcow_

This error seemingly represented in preview.5 version of ECS. Probably latest update is assumed to be used with 2018.2 beta

5. FlorianRohm

FlorianRohm

did you see https://forum.unity.com/threads/fea...ed-error-on-entities-0-0-12-preview-5.534240/?
    only insert a file called mcs.rsp into the Assets folder with the content -langversion:experimental in it. Credits to mEndlessLoop who posted this. Have no idea what this does, but lets you use the new preview.