Search Unity

Question eCPM on Unity Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by enhawk, Apr 19, 2022.

1. enhawk

enhawk

Recently I decided to try out a few different ad network solutions.

I've been using Ironsource for about a year.

My average eCPM using Ironsource is about $60 with mediation on several major ad networks.

I've been using Unity Ads instead now for a little while and the average eCPM is just $11.

Thats an 81% decrease. Obviously a bit concerning.

The user amount and views are about the same month to month.

Does the eCPM go up over time? Is it better to use Unity Mediation?

2. LIU_Hanyang96

LIU_Hanyang96

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Revenue is generated based on a combination of views, clicks, and installs. The eCPM reflects a blend of the volume and quality of impressions your game provides. The following user interaction types are listed in escalating order of quality and earning potential:
    • Ad start (the player triggers an ad)
    • Completed view (the player watches an ad to the end)
    • Click (the player clicks the ad, leading to an external product link)
    • Install (the player clicks out to the external product page and installs the product)
    Keep this in mind as you consider your monetization strategy. Please review our Best practices guide for more integration tips.

enhawk likes this.
  3. enhawk

enhawk

Thanks for the clarification.
    You mention Completed View, Click and install. Are these metrics available in Dashboard Unity Ads Reporting? I can't seem to access these.

Regarding Ad Start, does the duration it took to preload the ad (the request) to the display of the ad affect eCPM?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  4. Brother_77

Brother_77

Sorry for confusion but now Ironsource is integrated with Unity ? How much has it improved Unity Ads ? I can not find any posts on statistics.

Or is Admob still the better choice ?

5. luca1994venti

luca1994venti

Even just for the fact Unity LevelPlay is basically impossible to implement, I'd still and always recommend AdMob, assuming they don't ban you for any reason all of a sudden.

Captain-Awesome likes this.