Search Unity

Resolved Economy pre.8 doesn't work with RemoteConfig pre.10

Discussion in 'Economy' started by mhardy, Feb 16, 2022.

1. mhardy

mhardy

My RemoteConfig stopped working recently. I tracked it down to when I upgraded from pre.4 to pre.9. I tried to upgrade to RemoteConfig pre.10 but it fails due to Economy:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.economy@1.0.0-pre.8\Runtime\RemoteConfigRuntimeNonStaticWrapper.cs(33,38):
    error CS1061: 'RuntimeConfig' does not contain a definition for 'FetchCompleted'
    and no accessible extension method 'FetchCompleted' accepting a first argument of
    type 'RuntimeConfig' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

When I removed economy from my entire project so I could upgrade RemoteConfig to pre.10, RemoteConfig started working again.

So I need RemoteConfig at pre.10 - but that's not possible with the current bug in the economy pre.8 package.

Is this a known issue that will be fixed soon?

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I am happy to be able to let you know that there is a fix for this issue already. We released an updated Remote Config package today, "com.unity.remote-config": "3.0.0-pre.11"

You can upgrade from within the Package Manager or by manually updating your Packages/manifest.json file with the updated Remote Config dependency. That should resolve your issue.

Thanks for reporting the issue, do let us know if you run into anything else or have any feedback or suggestions.

SebT_Unity and SoloSebo like this.
  3. mhardy

mhardy

Yes, pre.11 worked, thanks!

FabriR and Laurie-Unity like this.