Search Unity

Bug Economy 1.0.0-pre.8 is not compatible with RemoteConfig 3.0.0-pre.15

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Holmes555, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Holmes555

Holmes555

I've got these 7 error messages:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.economy@1.0.0-pre.8\Runtime\EconomyRemoteConfig.cs(6,13):
    error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'RemoteConfig' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity'
    (are you missing an assembly reference?)

upload_2022-4-20_0-37-18.png

It's because you probably used wrong RemoteConfig assembly reference here (but you should use `
    Unity.Services.RemoteConfig`)
    upload_2022-4-20_0-35-41.png
    Could you update Economy package?

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Holmes,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works. I'll update this thread when the fix is released, but in the meantime you will need to revert to Remote Config v3.0.0 pre.8.

You can do this from the Unity Editor > Window > Package Manager.
    1. Select the Remote Config Entry and click the 'See other versions' link
    2. Select 3.0.0-pre.8 and click the Update button

upload_2022-4-20_10-48-13.png

Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

Holmes555 likes this.
  3. Holmes555

Holmes555

Thank you for a response!

Actually there is no 'See other versions' link for earlier releases, but I changed it through manifest.json and now it works, thank you

Laurie-Unity likes this.
  4. stu_dious_

stu_dious_

@Holmes555, there's now an experimental Economy release that works with RemoteConfig pre.15 . Checked out ok on Android.
    "com.unity.services.economy": "2.0.1-exp.2",

"com.unity.services.economy": {
    "version": "2.0.1-exp.2",
    "depth": 0,
    "source": "registry",
    "dependencies": {
    "com.unity.services.authentication": "1.0.0-pre.37",
    "com.unity.remote-config-runtime": "3.0.0-pre.28",
    "com.unity.services.core": "1.2.0"
    },
    "url": "https://packages.unity.com"
    },

@Laurie-Unity, a problem I'm having is a lack of consistency in the package manager listings between projects, with the latest LTS and earlier versions. With the preview packages enable in all, I don't automatically see this Economy exp, for example in two out of 3 projects (the refresh button doesn't help). I only found the package by accident in a test project and had to copy the manifest and package-lock details across. Is there a UGS package releases page with the manifest details necessary to refer to and update from manually?
    Thanks

5. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @stu_dious_

Well spotted ;).

Yes, we have an experimental Economy package
    "com.unity.services.economy": "2.0.1-exp.2"

It does resolve a few issues, but be warned, it contains some breaking changes as we have moved some things around to bring some consistency across UGS packages. These changes are simple to fix, but you may need to update other UGS packages and refactor some API calls to account for the changes.

The Change Log file for each of the packages, in the Editor > Package Manager will help to highlight what changes are necessary.

The Experimental package should only exist for a couple of weeks while we check that there aren't any further issues, before moving it to Preview. Visibility should be clearer from there onward.