Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebal Studios 3D Art Assets - Support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EbalStudios, Feb 19, 2018.

1. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Just a quick note to say the updated Star Fox and Meteor Mantis look super cool! Congrats! :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  2. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you!! Really appreciate it! Those remakes probably took more time than if we would have done complete new sets from scratch as we had to not only recreate everything in a better way, but make sure it still somewhat resembles the original. Truly glad you liked them.

3. TaranisElsu

TaranisElsu

4. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, initially this was a design choice to save on polygons for sides which are not usually shown. Later we adopted the practice of closing all ends. Designed everything new with closed ends and tried to close some of the older ones. I've checked all of the complete collection modules (Ultimate Spaceships Creator), and as far as I can tell the wing you mention is the only one which is open sided. I suppose I left it open because it was too large to close without a proper UV texture made specifically for it.

Whenever I update the complete collection I will take this into consideration. Thx again for the heads up.

5. SaltyBBQchicken

SaltyBBQchicken

HI, I just came across an issue with Ultimate Spaceships Creator Version 3.4(current) URP Package installed.
    Unity 2021.3.22f1.
    Seems to only effect Android?
    Using a Fresh New Project 3d URP.

The Demo Scenes Might have an Infante Loop or something as Running the scene causes All System Memory to be Used, Pretty much Locking Up Unity in play mode.

Thanks

6. SaltyBBQchicken

SaltyBBQchicken

Update:
    ---Steps to reproduce #1.---
    Created New Clean 3D URP Project.
    Import Ultimate Spaceships Creator Version 3.4(current) from Package Manager.
    Update URP Package from Ultimate Spaceships Creator\SPR\URP
    At This Point All Seems Fine,

Convert Project to Android.
    Conversion Seems to Have Completed.
    Now this is Where Unity Gets all Hung Up and Maxed Out Memory Usage.
    This Round I'm Unable to even get to Play Mode.

---Steps to reproduce #2.---
    Created New Clean 3D URP Project.
    Importing Ultimate Spaceships Creator Version 3.4
    Update URP Package from Ultimate Spaceships Creator\SPR\URP

Unlike Previously (#1) I Switched Build Platform to Android Before Importing Ultimate Spaceships Creator Version 3.4.

Yup It has something to do with Android. The 2nd attempt Had same issue. I even noticed placing the Modules. Scene in hierarchy Caused a lot of Hang-ups. And the Play state is Still Spinning my machine for the last 15 mins.
    I don't have this problem with any other assets.

I did notice something New In Build Settings(Bottom Left). No idea what this does, or is needed for Assets?

Asset Import Overrides
    Max Texture Size
    Texture Compression

Thanks

7. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi there, I hope you are still up.
    It must be quite frustrating to spend all that time waiting for Unity to migrate to Android, and then wait for it to process things forever!! Especially if you've attempted this couple of times as I can see from the time between your posts.

No worries! I got you covered!
    To fix this, select the textures (preferably no more than 40 textures at a time), and change the Max Size to 1024 and hit apply. (If you select all the textures at once, it will take very long to process them)

Once you have changed all the textures max size to 1024 you will find how smooth everything will play.

The cause of the hang-ups is simply because of the large number of 4K textures. When they are changed to max size of 1K (1024), the scenes become a lot more manageable.

After you make progress with your game, if you have a hero asset you would like to see in higher quality, you can select its texture and change it back to 4K (4096).

You can also change the Max Size before switching to android to avoid any possible viewport hang ups when you are in android.

I will try to think of ways to solve this for other users such as adding an override for Android in the texture settings and setting them to 1024 beforehand. thank you for letting me know about this issue.

I am always here for you if something still doesn't work as expected. Please keep me posted.

8. SaltyBBQchicken

SaltyBBQchicken

Thanks, Yea setting the max texture sizes to 1024 did resolve the issue.

"You can also change the Max Size before switching to android to avoid any possible viewport hang ups when you are in android."
    Under Build Settings setting that Max Texture Size (bottom Left of Build Setting Window) to 1024, Works Well. (No need to update each texture that way)

Advice is to Set this Texture Size Limit Before Switching to Android Platform, As it will Crawl.
    Lol, The 3am Post is a bit off. wasn't that late,
    Thanks.

EbalStudios likes this.
  9. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Important Announcement
    I have moved some of the 4K textures and color masks to the Bonus Files pack.

This reduction in file size of the USC means it's now a lot easier to download/import/ include the USC in your projects and change platforms. Additionally it makes room for future updates and additions.

The smaller spaceships were really never intended to be at 4K and the improvement in quality is miniscule in comparison to the drag of overall performance, but if anyone needs the 4K textures or masks; they can easily download the free Bonus Files pack and import them all or just the ones needed.

Feel free to ask any questions!

dmenefee likes this.
  10. nyscersul

nyscersul

Hello there, i was just looking to purchase the aforementioned update to the old version of the usc, however was unable to find anything related to a patch. I did see, however, that when i viewed the new pack when not logged in the price was as normal, but when i viewed it after logging in, a massive discount was visible. Is this the intended upgrade path, now?

Also, is there some reference to see what was changed?

11. nyscersul

nyscersul

Those 4k textures also sound very interesting :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  12. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi James,
    Yes, this is how Unity's upgrade system works, you will be able to buy the new pack but get a discount with it. This discount is only available to those who already have the previous version.

Those are the changes since Version 3.0

Version 3.4
    -Added and moved non capital ships 4K textures and the color masks into the Bonus Files pack.

Version 3.3
    -Meteor Mantis complete remake to improve texture quality and modularity.

Version 3.2
    -Light Fox complete remake to improve texture quality and modularity.
    -Combined spaceship examples are now made from prefab instances.

Version 3.1
    -Galaxy Raptor complete remake to improve texture quality and modularity.
    -Improved Void Whale textures quality.
    -Modular examples are now made from prefab instances.
    -Removed any negative scale values used in the modular examples to improve collision performance.
    -Improved some of the colliders for the spaceships.

Version 3.0
    -Added 2 spaceship sets: The Galactic Okamoto and Star Force.
    -Improved the textures to be more compatible with URP and HDRP.
    -Added one more unified color to all spaceship sets.
    -Added pre-mirrored ship modules.
    -Added examples.
    -Added 6 more bonus generic spaceships.
    -Every example is now a single FBX file.
    -Reorganized the collection and modules kitbash.
    -Increased Craizan Star Textures to 4K.

13. nyscersul

nyscersul

Ok, thanks! The changelog there is much appreciated :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  14. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Just a heads up! I am currently working on a remake for the Hyper Falcon. It will look similar to the original only with better and higher resolution textures and more accurate details.

While it may have a similar design to the original please keep in mind that EVERYTHING in the new Hyper Falcon will have been built from the ground up. The modules, UVs, normal maps and textures are much more refined now and I think I will probably be able to add in 10 more examples for it.

I am hoping James Peterson in particular would enjoy this update since he uses the Hyper Falcon as his hero ship in Hyper-5, although he may has to do the adjustment he did to the original again to the new one.

Will keep you posted here with the progress!

jamespaterson likes this.
  15. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hyper Falcon Remake WIP
    HyperFalcon1.jpg HyperFalcon2.jpg HyperFalconVS.jpg

16. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

looks very nice. I like the extra fins at the back :)

old-school V2.0 USC version proudly used in my game and looks splendid!

EbalStudios likes this.
  17. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

V3.5 is ready for download!
    HyperExamples0.jpg HyperExamples1.jpg
    HyperExamples2.jpg

I also added 10 more examples for the Hyper Falcon. The modules are a lot more refined in comparison to the older Hyper Falcon.

I am really happy that I have finished this update, the quality bar has been raised with the latest remakes (Hyper Falcon, Light Fox and Meteor Mantis) and these ships are now my most favorite ones.

If anyone likes the new remakes and how this pack developed and still haven't written a review yet, what are you waiting for! Any reviews would help a lot.

Updated version of the Bonus Files will be published soon.

18. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

looking great!

EbalStudios likes this.
  19. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks man, really appreciate it!!

20. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Version 3.6 Update

Another remake, this time for the Cosmic Shark, the old Cosmic Shark had inefficient UV layout and overall I felt I could provide a much higher caliber model.

All modules have been rebuilt from scratch to improve the quality, textures are now technically of a higher resolution and of a superior quality. I also added 10 more examples.
    CosmicShark_Remake1.jpg CosmicShark_Remake2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  21. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Gorgeous. Any other planned improvements on the USC?

EbalStudios likes this.
  22. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I am actually now working on a remake for the Star Sparrow, I was hesitant to improve the Star Sparrow because it was the free sample and I didn't want it to be much better than the rest of the ships but after all of my remakes I think the improved the Star Sparrow will be a fair representation of the USC.

The Star Sparrow remake is mostly to improve a small texture deformation around the cockpit and to increase texture resolution through the use mirrored UVs.

These remakes were essential because I didn't want to make anything new while still having some lower quality sets in the collection, now the collection quality is much more consistent.

I have future plans for more improvements and additions, but for now I will do the Star Sparrow and after I finish I will see if I will work some more on the USC, other art packs or script packs. Will keep you posted.

centaurianmudpig likes this.
  23. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

updated cosmic shark looking really nice!

EbalStudios likes this.
  24. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Much obliged.

25. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

It's all looking fantastic. Keep up the amazing work.

EbalStudios likes this.
  26. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

USC Version 3.7 Update Released!
    Finally! The Star Sparrow has been remade! I created the Star Sparrow about seven years ago for a game we were trying to make at the time, the game never finished and we released the Star Sparrow to the asset store for free instead.

The Star Sparrow was an instant hit. At the time I had a small crew in my office, and using the Star Sparrow as a template, each one of them created a few spaceship sets and the Ultimate Spaceships Creator started rolling, but it needed a LOT of work, remakes and improvements to reach what it is now.

At first glance the new Star Sparrow may seem quite similar to the old one but after further inspection and looking up closely, you will notice that the newer version is far more refined and you are able to zoom in a lot more. The old Star Sparrow had some defects around the cockpit and it's time they got remedied. I tried to make good use of every pixel available.
    StarSparrow_New1.jpg StarSparrow_New2.jpg StarSparrow_New3.jpg

27. Schwarzer_Wolf

Schwarzer_Wolf

Hello ive got one question. i tryed substance 3d Painter but if i click on edit Substance cant load the file

28. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

The included files are for Substance 3D Painter and NOT Substance 3D Designer.

Substance 3D Designer is for creating Substances i.e. materials which can be edited and loaded inside Unity using a plug-in.

Substance 3D Painter on the other hand is for hand painting textures into a 3D mesh, these files cannot be loaded inside Unity. These can be used only if you have a license of 3D Painter which will open these files.

All of our textures have been hand painted inside 3D Painter, the files have been included for those few who already own a license of 3D Painter and due to their request. These files cannot be opened or used inside Unity.

29. Schwarzer_Wolf

Schwarzer_Wolf

Yes i usese 3D Painter
    Ok, I think I understand now. I can only edit the substance file, not the one shown in unity under Edit. I found the editable ones and can now edit them. Now I have another question. For example, I try to hide the dirt layer. I do this using the eye symbol, but after exporting the layer can still be seen in Unity, what am I doing wrong

30. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

If you hide any layer and reexport the textures, replace all the old ones with the new ones without the dirt/soot or whatever layer then you should not see them.

Things that I think you may have missed:
    1-You exported only one map (i.e. diffuse/albedo) and forgot the other maps i.e. normal, metallic and emission.
    I attached here a screen shot of how you should export it:
    Painter3D.jpg

2-A second possibility is that you forgot to replace the old textures? Painter 3D will export the textures in a completely new folder, it's not going to replace the old ones. Look up where the new textures are saved and manually replace them.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  31. Schwarzer_Wolf

Schwarzer_Wolf

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I only exchanged one file. I will test your solution tomorrow. And thank you again for these great assets

EbalStudios likes this.
  32. Schwarzer_Wolf

Schwarzer_Wolf

Hello Ebal Studios. I hope you can help me again, I have a texture problem. In the following picture you can see a distortion on the mesh but it is not on the maps. Why is that and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

33. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I've sent you the fix via private message, please check your inbox.

34. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

35. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

USC V3.8 is now live!
    Complete remake for the Proton Legacy. With the new UVs and modules, texture resolution is about 3X times higher. I also corrected some small artifacts and changed the design a bit. Pieces are now more modular.
    The USC minimum Unity version is now 2021.3.23
    ProtonLegacy.jpg

36. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Looks great - really nice work!

EbalStudios likes this.
  37. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you James for all of your support.

38. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Important Update!
    The USC Bonus Files has now been improved. I added every mask you might possibly need for all spaceship sets. I also added Photoshop files for all spaceship sets to show how they can be used. You can now have clean textures with no weathering or logos by using the new masks or Photoshop files. You do not need to have Substance 3D Painter to easily modify your USC textures.
    Bonus_SS1.jpg Bonus_SS2.jpg StarSparrow_PS3.jpg

39. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Wai Fung,
    Just in case you are still using the USC and are interested in the Masks. I just updated the Bonus files and included pre-made Photoshop files and new masks. Feel free to download the new update and see how it goes.

dmenefee likes this.
  40. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

From the WIP of the Space Stations remake, it will have higher resolution, more parts and better compatibility with the USC. (4 textures instead of 2) additionally making better use of overlapping UVs, still needs a lot of work though. Taking a lot more than originally intended.
    SpaceSationsRemake_1.jpg

41. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

More WIP screenshots of the new Space Stations Remake:
    WIP_2.jpg WIP_3.jpg

42. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Still working on the Space Stations, stay tuned! Make sure to see full resolution of this image. The new higher texture resolution really shows in this one.
    Main_SpaceStationsExample.png

43. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

HangarSmall.png
    Example7_2.png
    Finally uploaded the new upgrade for the Space Stations Creator!!
    Check the asset page to see what I have been up to: https://u3d.as/3fVB

Due to all the completely new and added content, I've made this into a new asset but with an upgrade option. Users who purchased the space stations in the last 6 months should be able to get the new asset for free, others who purchased the space stations more than 6 months ago will have an upgrade option for 25$ (When you open the new space stations page you will see a 67% discount and a purchase price of 25$).

If you do get the upgrade and like it, please do leave a review. Reviews mean a lot and it could help us make more sales and put more effort into adding content into the space stations pack. Thanks.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024 at 9:14 AM