Search Unity

Ebal Studios 3D Art Assets - Support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EbalStudios, Feb 19, 2018.

1. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Enrique,

These sci-fi planets are 3D textured models inside of Unity, unfortunately Unity does not have a built-in feature to "export" [render] PNG images. Like you, we would like to have that feature implemented but we did not build Unity and are not responsible for this.

I understand that starting out with a new software like Unity can be a challenge and it takes time to learn all the new terms and ways of doing things. But we really cannot walk you through the process of getting up to speed in Unity. Please download free content first before purchasing anything. You can download our free spaceship sample to get an idea:
    Star Sparrow: http://u3d.as/BuK

We highly recommend that you avoid making any purchases on the Unity asset store before you get used to Unity and understand its basic concepts. First, download free content and see how it works out for you then consider making purchases.

Good luck with everything and welcome to Unity!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you!
    You have taken time out of your day to help out, really appreciate it man!

3. nyscersul

nyscersul

My pleasure :)

4. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Important Announcements!

I-
    Our asset store page will be reorganized, at the moment. it feels a little bit cluttered with too many spaceships and assets which we believe makes it hard for the developer to know what is in included in what and somethings might go under the radar. Also making updates and support is quite a task. (planning for a cleaner page with fewer assets that include everything)

We will be merging some assets and deprecating most or all of the individual spaceships and making them only available through the USC.

II- We are in the process of rebuilding all of our modular examples in the USC from modules instead of using the exported mesh, to improve the performance of the USC. (closing any gaps back sides gaps in the process)

III- We have uploaded the highres spaceships collection and are waiting for the approval from the Unity asset store. We will make an update once it's up on the store!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  5. nyscersul

nyscersul

What about if we have already purchased the set in full?

also... I later found that the meshes differed too much - even the vertex count - so its gonna take far to long to develop that algorithm.

6. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

If you bought everything, you are not going to lose anything, the same assets are going to be shifted, and later we might add more content to them.

If someone only bought the USC, they will need to keep a backup before updating, or they will lose the capital ships and alien ships (I am going to do an update adding that warring before the real update, and I will also keep a note in the asset page. These changes will probably take effect after 2 months from now, so I am giving the warning well ahead of time.)

For the algorithm, we are doing it manually at the moment, so no worries :cool:

7. nyscersul

nyscersul

May i give a suggestion about the modules?

8. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

9. nyscersul

nyscersul

Basically the modules in the previous setup were in a mesh as submmeshes, meaning that the entire mesh is loaded into memory when a single module from the set is used. You make a single ship with modules from all the sets and one ship could then require the entire set to be loaded into memory.

It would be better, for the modules, to have them as individual fbx files per module.

10. nyscersul

nyscersul

Also, specifically in the case of turrets and the big chaingun in one of the sets, the meshes from the examples include the object as parts, but the modules before had them as one piece, meaning any option of for example animating the turret to fire is impossible.

And, once again, great work. Is there anywhere i can see some pics of the new set's contents?

11. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Ouch, yes the thought have occurred to my mind earlier, but I don't know if we can do it. Maybe exporting them is not such a big deal compared to the time we are putting in re-ordering them. But it will just add another layer of complexity in our workflow and the project files are going to be more cluttered.

Will talk with the guys and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for the input and will keep you posted whenever we update anything.

12. nyscersul

nyscersul

In regards to the turrets specifically, i could send you modified versions, easily done. If i sent you such, would it be worthwhile? Whatever happens, i will be making my own turrets animate, so i can fish out those parts and send em your way.

13. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

14. nyscersul

nyscersul

They look very cool :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  15. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yeah sure, please send them in, while we are re-making the ships modular examples we can correct the turrets as well. The turrets pack is going to include the mines, missiles as well as new ground mines. So it would be good to improve it as much possible.

centaurianmudpig likes this.
  16. nyscersul

nyscersul

ok, ill set them each up with a gameobject for the base, the armature, and the weapon itself. This should provide the arrangements necesary to create the turret movements using commonly available scripts.

EbalStudios likes this.
  17. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

18. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

To a certain extent yes, but we don't want to get your hopes too high. The throttles, joysticks, buttons and screen are all separate meshes so you can animate them, but you might not have the full range of motion you need.

We thought of the pedals more as a foot rest since it's in space so it doesn't move :)

We just realized after we uploaded the assets that we need to add empty game objects to make these parts have the correct pivot points to rotate, but will do it update 1.1

If you are not sure about anything, you can wait until we release the free version, we are preparing it now and it should serve as a testing ground for anyone interested in buying the full collection but wishes to see if it works for his/her needs or not

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  19. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Also if we make good sales/reviews for the high-res spaceships we are thinking of adding a pilot! it will not be animated or rigged, but just something that you can see sitting there when viewing the ships from outside.

20. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

centaurianmudpig and rrahim like this.
  21. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

You can now download the free sample of the High-rez Spaceships Creator here: http://u3d.as/1C7E
    Should give you a good idea into what you are getting into before making your purchase.

Also version 2.5 of the USC will be out soon, we completely rebuilt all of the modular examples from modules!
    we also closed any gaps in the modules, corrected one background file that was eating a lot of the size and added colliders to the modules.

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  22. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Just finished reorganizing our assets page, All of our content is now packed in a much more focused selection. Easier to make your purchases and you don't need to worry about buying any overlapping content.

Very soon we will be also updating the Space Stations Creator to have the modular examples created from modules to improve performance and with that all of our modular packs will have the same workflow.

23. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

I'm really liking the new Hi-Rez Space Ship pack. Here is my first custom ship from using your asset pack.

You'll notice I've put to use some of your other asset packs.

I like all the small details you added with the switches and nobs in the cockpit. I have to fight the need to have buttons linked up to functions and see them pushed/flicked/turned, otherwise I may never reach a release date. While I've not spent a great time with this pack yet, some initial thoughts...

The panels as such don't feel quite usable, even taking in consideration of putting in my own as you have stated. Though that's more down to the immediate impression that these panels are just too far away, especially Cockpit5 (its more form, it's frackin' cool, over actual function). I think adjusting the FOV may help greatly, though being able to move the panel frames around would be useful. It's something I need to look into, though I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you envisioned the cockpit's being used in the wild.

Suggestions for improvements:
    What I'd really like to see (stuff I'm more likely to use sooner than later):
    Make the frames for the panels their own separate entities (like you did with the individual switches/knobs).
    Including any details, like that fancy bulb in the middle of the cockpit panel and the gauge to the left. I'd like to have that similar level of customisation inside the cockpit as currently I get from outside.
    Cool factor (stuff I'm more likely to use later than sooner):
    Make the foot pedals separate to the cockpit panel mesh.
    Cockpit hatch that can be opened and closed. (for the cockpit with internal guts).
    Livery (while you have different colours they lack the same aesthetic as say the Cosmic Shark, though I'd like to also have a level of customisation to change it around).
    Stickers (same as livery, with shapes and symbols to apply to make more unique)

New asset packs:
    • This pack really highlights a need for a gauges/display pack. If you have one planned please consider function over form. I have seen many cool looking gauge packs that I cannot use because they are more for eye candy than for actual useful application.
    • Multiple exhaust effects, with customisation options for engine thrust. If you add a trail (like Unitys Trail Renderer, then make it so there is a way to move the grandfather (parent of parent of ...) without affecting the trail). That's the only reason I don't have trails, as I'm keeping the player at 0,0,0 and moving a GameWorld object around it with all the other game entities contained within.

Closing off. Keep up the good work. This current pack is off to a very strong start. While I was worried this new asset pack would really make your other packs (i.e. USC) stick out like a sore thumb, but as it is I think you got away with it :)

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  24. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

FYI. In the USC Pack, none of the Combined Spaceship's are shown as all their parts have no meshes assigned.

25. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Love those videos, looks like you have made quite a progress with your game so far.

-Because we haven't actually built a space shooter like you did with it, and we only tested how a space shooter would look like by placing the camera and using different FOV values; our estimates might not have been accurate on where we should place those panels. But yes, in the next update we will probably make the panel frame separate to at least give you a chance to move them, and we will see if we can change the cockpits to make some of the panels closer.

-But for the same level of customization for the cockpit from inside as outside, it might not be possible because each cockpit has a different form. from outside you just have different modules which you can stick together with no problem, but for the interior they might stick out of the cockpit or be out of proportion, etc.. but we will take a fresh new look at the cockpits again and see what we can do but no promises.

-The foot pedal thing is relatively easy and should be in the next update,

-The cockpit hatch thing is a great idea but it's somewhat a lot of work at the moment and am not sure if we will do it but maybe for updates in the long term.

-Livery, adding more colors is no problem, but please note that just opening up the substance painter files for 60 modules and exporting/importing the new textures, materials etc.. is not exactly a walk in the park but for the next update we will try to add at least one more color. another consideration to note is that each color will eat up approximately 200 MBs so we can't add too many.

-For stickers at the moment we are not thinking of adding, any we would like to give the user the option to add their own and some people might not want them. And decal plugins might be an option.

-Regarding new assets, let's just finish our ground units, any needed updates for the High-rez pack then see how it goes :)

Phew, that was a long one :)
    Anyways....... guys, please don't forget to give us reviews:oops:, they only take a minute but really help us in a big way. It means we could make few more sales and have a bigger budget for making updates and improvements for the packs you are using :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  26. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

:oops: Oops. It slipped in the last update we've done for the USC. I totally forgot that we had those spaceships in the catalog. I will fix it now and upload the new version. Should be online in couple of days.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up.

27. mikebolts

mikebolts

I was wondering if you had larger versions of your ship textures for the Ship Creator pack. We are using this asset pack as exteriors for a first-person flight simulator and I noticed the textures can look distorted from up close. In the Ship Creator comment section, someone mentioned that, in an older version of the pack, the texture folder had an unusually large file size. Is there any way I can get a hold of higher resolution versions of your textures?

If the same can also be done for your space station pack, I will immediately pick that up as well.

28. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

-For the space stations, the main textures set is already at 4K (need to change the description and the space stations has two texture sets: main and parts, parts is still 2K). But we could change the parts texture set to 4K as well soon so no problem there.

-For the USC, the review you are talking about was actually about one file which we have included by mistake and not about high res textures, in one of our updates, one of our artists mistakenly added a background texture without compressing it, with all the layers and everything and it was huge and none of our crew noticed! Which we corrected and compressed.

-We do not have the higher res textures you want for the USC, and would have to export them manually for all 16 sets, for all 9 different colors or so, which is not a problem in itself as we have already put thousands of work hours into that collection already! But there are 2 points here:
    -The size would not be within the limits we have in the asset store and we would have to remove the substance painter files from the pack.
    -These textures were not designed for this resolution, the USC is not meant for closeups, you improve the anti-aliasing with higher-rez but it's not exactly meant for that. On the other hand, our high-rez spaceships creator is actually designed for closeups: http://u3d.as/1BrS

Edit: we are considering the issue, and maybe later we can increase the 1K spaceships to 2K but no promises yet, will keep you posted if we ever make a change.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  29. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Update:
    USC textures have been up-scaled!

Spaceships which had 1K textures are now 2K, and the galactic leopard and void whale are now 4K

30. nyscersul

nyscersul

Wonderful!

I may have something showcasing some of your work ready soon :p

EbalStudios likes this.
  31. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Great! Would love to see it.

32. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Any plans to update the other capital ship textures to 4K, i.e. Crazian Star?

33. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

No, not at the moment.

34. hurleybird

hurleybird

Oh, I should mention that I used Ultimate Spaceship creator to make models for Dominus Galaxia. Although it's more focused on capital ships rather than fighters, and there isn't enough variety in the pack to fill out all the different races, it's made for a good starting point and helped me come to the realisation that I just need some more modular components to kit-bash (whether from other packs or contracted out) rather than somehow trying to come up with >100 unique monolithic ship models.

35. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Man that's one of the best implementations I've seen for the USC so far! The interface, effects and everything fits together nicely (Thumbs up). Just installed it and if I ever have time to play it I will make sure to leave a positive review, and if we make a list of games made with some of our assets, your game will definitely be there.

And yes, modular is the way to go, it will save you huge costs in your art contracting!

hurleybird likes this.
  36. hurleybird

hurleybird

Thanks man! Any chance of more capital ship parts by the way, either in USC or as something separate?

37. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I knew you were aiming at more capital ships but I tried to dodge it in my last reply :D

It would make the life of few developers a lot easier if we can just make more capital ships, but we must weigh the cost vs the returns for us financially. At the moment we are quire careful about creating any new assets because most of our latest attempts have not been quite successful in financial terms, we always get a lot of requests for certain types of assets and once we make them we hardly make few sales.

It's probably challenging to imagine for most how much work goes to make the assets we have, because they are modular. A lot of thought and testing have to go in those modules and textures. And in the case of the USC, because we almost added all the features requested, it cost us almost the same as doing it 2 or 3 times because we had to redo many things. And while the amount of content in it is absolutely staggering, yet we get some comments that think 49$ or 59$ are too much.

In short, maybe later but not now, because to make those capital ships pack we need to have at least some confidence that we will sell a lot more than couple of dozen copies at a reasonable price.

For all developers: If you would like to see more assets from us; please do take the time to write reviews and link to our content, hopefully it could result in few more sales and give us a bigger budget to make new packs. Once we get positive feedback on how our assets are doing we can consider a whole new series of our packs.

38. rrahim

rrahim

I actually haven't bought the High-Res pack because the older pack suits my needs at the moment.
    I will however pick it up soon (and find some creative ways to use them in my current project... Cutscenes maybe) because I want to see more form your team.

Also, I left a review. I had intended to leave one after finishing my project, but now is better than any other time.

39. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you Raees for the review, every review matters. And you don't have to buy our high-res pack :) Only do so if you really need it. What I was trying to explain that in a way we are still learning how the asset store works and we now have a better idea on what type of assets developers need and what prices they are welling to pay for it and that experience will be used when deciding to make any new assets.

We are working on a ground units pack at the moment, a big one with lots of examples and modules, and after that we will take some time to have a fresh look on things and see if we can add more content. We are really grateful to anyone who has purchased the USC or any of our assets. Will keep you posted whenever we start something new.

40. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Hello guys. I hope you are all doing well in these times.

I'd be interested to see what would be included. I've wanted to make an RTS since I played the original C&C. What's the intended use/content?

41. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi and thank you for checking up on us :)
    Our ground units pack is finally up on the store. Here is the link: http://u3d.as/1PG3

It should be perfect for an RTS and also a 1st person or 3rd person shooter games for mobile. Actually the texture resolution is higher than what you get with the USC due to changes in the texturing layout.
    We even included parts to build harvesters and anything we could think of. Please do check the screenshots and let me know if anything isn't clear. any feedback is appreciated!

centaurianmudpig and Boom_Shaka like this.
  42. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

Very nice. Have you decided what you are working on next?

43. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I just want to focus on the scrolling shooter template I am rebuilding at the moment (Shmup Baby). It might take this whole year to finish. Not sure what the schedule will be afterwards but will keep you guys posted ;).

44. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Great job on the new ground unit pack!
    Although ground battles are still something way outside the scope of my project I picked it up anyways because it's always great to have more modular pieces :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  45. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you Alice!

Valkrysa_Herja likes this.
  46. ash4640

ash4640

Hi,
    I'm just curious, I had recently picked your Shmup system and just saw the modular spaceships pack, looks nice.
    - Since I'm doing a lowpoly mobile game, can I use these models is the tris count less
    - It says 7 color variations for each spaceship, what does that mean
    - Are these pbr textures?
    - Can these work with Synty Sci Fi pack, as the only level asset I have is that and can I remove the textures and have flat color or gradient so it match the synty style

47. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

I suppose you are referring to the Ultimate Spaceships Creator

- To test if it works for mobile or if the poly count is good for your game, please do download the free Star Sparrow Sample and test it in your game, The packs in the USC should be very similar to it, here is the link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vehicles/space/star-sparrow-modular-spaceship-73167
    Alternatively you can also open up the sktechfab link and see the models in wireframe.

- 7 Color variations means different material for each spaceship set, each spaceship set comes with 7 different colors, you can assign whatever you like. After you download the free sample you will get a better idea on how it works.

- Yes, the textures are PBR.

- I do not have any of the Synty packs and I cannot test if they match or not, our pack was not made to be used in a polygonal style without texture, but again if you download the free sample you can test for yourself and see how it works without textures.

ash4640 likes this.
  48. wileyjerkins

wileyjerkins

EbalStudios likes this.
  49. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi!!
    Absolutely love what you have done with the assets.
    Thanks for sharing.

50. ash4640

ash4640

Ok thanks, will chk the free asset out first then purchase
    Also I know the Shmup engine is a 2D engine haven't started playing with it yet, want to check if it is possible to create
    bg with 3d assets / prefabs in them, eg: I create a world using 3d assets on a plane / terrain then set the camera to a top down camera and can shmup engine set the camera view as the BG and can the view be made tileable / scrolled - ideally have bg like in the image a top down view with a city or buildings like in most shmups

Btw getting these two errors after importing
    - Assets\ShmupBaby\Scripts\Movement and Rotation\Movers\Movers\Patrol Mover\Editor\PatrollMoverHandle.cs(245,27): error CS0117: 'Math2D' does not contain a definition for 'Vector2ToVector3'
    - Assets\ShmupBaby\Scripts\Wave\Wave\Curve Wave\Editor\CurveWaveHandle.cs(96,45): error CS0117: 'Math2D' does not contain a definition for 'Vector2ToVector3'

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020