Search Unity

Ebal Studios 3D Art Assets - Support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EbalStudios, Feb 19, 2018.

1. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Awesome! looking forward to it. :)

2. hurleybird

hurleybird

One thing that would make this really awesome would be a default, neutral-colored texture plus maps to go along with that for areas that should receive color.

EbalStudios likes this.
  3. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Absolutely, thanks, for the suggestion. We might have relied too much on people changing color through the Substance Painter files, but will look into it and see if it was possible to do it in script or if we could just include a mask for painted areas.
    Lots of things to do now, so not sure when we can make this update. But whenever there is time will look into it for sure.

4. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Note for all users, we will be upgrading the supported Unity version from the current 5.5.4 to 2017.4.0 LTS

The asset store will be phasing out version 5 later this year and focusing on 2017.4 LTS and upwards. All of our newly submitted assets will be on version 2017.4 LTS and we will gradually replace all of our 5.5.4 assets to 2017.4 LTS.

Please keep this mind if you are still using Unity version 5 when re-downloading any packs or downloading any updated versions.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Layout.jpg Texturing1.jpg Interior1.jpg
    Interior2.jpg **WIP**

We are getting closer to finishing off our new high resolution spaceships collection, this pack will be very different from the previous USC and will be published as a separate pack of course, the new collection has a texture for every module instead of a single texture for a spaceship set. This means the texture resolution is significantly higher and you can easily just pick and choose your modules. It will also have interiors! The new collection is really something and we are happy about it :) So far it has taken up to 200 working days to reach the current stage. A lot of time went into research and concepting the modules design since these modules have been carefully crafted to give the developers the best starting forms to build the largest variety of spaceships. Handling this large number of Substance files was very time consuming as well but we are getting excited about the results we are getting so far.

So far this collection will have:
    • Each module has its own texture.
    • 5 Different cockpits with interior, with some of the interior parts being movable since they are built from modules.
    • 16 Different main bodies to choose from.
    • 9 Wings.
    • 11 Engines
    • 7 Weapons
    • 5 Different colors to choose from.
    We are also thinking about modeling a pilot with a ready pose inside the cockpits, but the first version will be released without one, as we really can't wait to get this out.

If you have any questions or requests about this pack, now is the time.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Boom_Shaka likes this.
  6. nyscersul

nyscersul

Hello, having some trouble purchasing the pack, have sent an email (You'll recgnise my name in the address :) )

Eager to try the ships out ;)

7. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

WIP looks AMAZING!!!

One suggestion - make all turret-styled weapons separate objects/meshes so they can be animated. I noticed a handful in the USC, like VoidWhale_MissileLauncher, which are only piece (I'm assuming those are some of the older models). I wouldn't worry about changing anything in USC, but it would be nice to have in an higher-rez set where you'll get more detailed view.

EbalStudios likes this.
  8. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)
    The above WIP will be mostly small fighter jets and won't have turrets, but we will take careful consideration of any parts that rotate to make sure they are separated properly. If this high resolution pack is successful, we might make few more modules for making capital ships or space stations of the same quality.

But there is also some good news for the USC, we are creating and almost finished a complete set of modular weapons that are compatible with the USC and space stations. They have everything separate and will have the proper game object hierarchy to make them easy to rotate and target. They will also have a set of unified materials so that they can be easily added to the space stations or USC.

This new modular sci fi weapons collection won't be included to the USC and will be a separate pack but it should also have a real bargain price so that anyone can get it if they want to. I attached a quick screenshot here
    ModularWeapons.jpg

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  9. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

You had me at "complete set of modular weapons" :cool:

EbalStudios likes this.
  10. nyscersul

nyscersul

Hello, have been using some scripts to sort the models in the pack, and its pumped out an error...

Scanned 209 parts. Found 2 missing meshes,
    Missing Mesh - Cosmic Shark _Thruster1 1
    Missing Mesh - Force Badger _Thruster 1

Are these parts actually missing? or is it possible they were never there?
    Or, maybe just a missing or incorrect mesh setting?
    Thanks!
    Oh, and by the way... those cockpits look gorgeous :)

Nyscersul

EbalStudios likes this.
  11. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi, Just double checked the meshes issue you mentioned.
    The scenes and prefabs are all fine, and so are the meshes (almost). But it seems you are experiencing this when sorting through script to find the meshes because both the cosmic shark and force badger; happen to have 2 parts with the same duplicate name inside the FBX file (named Thruster) so it looks like your script is unable to recognize which is which. (the number 1 being added by Unity automatically when there is a duplicate name, it's a hack but you could probably add an if statement to add a " 1" string if it can't find something :D)

We missed those ones because the prefabs inside Unity and when we import are all fine and are not affected by the name duplication. Please accept our apologies but for such a massive collection such small things are very hard to detect.

When testing for this issue, I also noticed a small warning that doesn't affect the models or prefabs in any shape or form, regarding the space sphinx (a single lonely polyogn out of hundreds of thousands seems to be intersecting :) ). next week we will re-update the mesh files for the cosmic shark, force badger and space sphinx to fix those issues, but might take until another week after that until the update is accepted, if the mesh naming thing is hurting your work flow let me know and I can E-mail you the new modules FBX meshes early next week.

Thank you for your feedback and encouraging words about our new collection, really appreciate it :D

Edit On 6th May/2019
    Fixed the meshes naming and the update is now live

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  12. nyscersul

nyscersul

The script isnt using the meshes at all, it is a simple safety check i added to make sure the meshes were all good, because i noticed one wasnt.

It appears in the inspector as if the mesh were deleted or renamed at some point.

I would appreciate a new copy of the fbx asap, as i am currently coding the parts system.

Thanks!

13. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Just sent you an E-mail with the new FBX. Let me know if you need further help.

14. nyscersul

nyscersul

Thank you very much for your swift response, you are a credit to the asset store...

And commercial behaviour in general.

I expect soon enough i shall collect more of your sets, and, shall await avidly the release of the new cockpits :)

EbalStudios likes this.
  15. AdamEarlston

AdamEarlston

Just wanted to say that I'm using your free StarSparrow Ship Materials for my walls/obstacles and it looks pretty awesome (Fast paced game so you never really notice the repeated design)
    Oh and i'm using the StarSparrow ships!
    upload_2019-6-13_8-36-30.png
    Using them as Electrical Pipe stuff on this map >.>
    upload_2019-6-13_8-38-38.png

So thanks a lot :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  16. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Always surprised by how people use our Star Sparrow :eek::D:D Never thought it was possible to turn it into a wall :D Thank you for sharing.

17. enriquegil89

enriquegil89

Hi!

I would like to know if the spaceships that we create with this software, could be export on PNG format in any perspective. We would like to use for a boardgame.

Thank you,
    Enrique

18. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi Enrique, and welcome to Unity.

Technically speaking this is not a software, these are 3D models. Spaceships and parts which you can customize and shape in any way you want. Then you can take a screen-shot inside Unity, Marmoset, blender. etc..

Please, first try downloading the free version and see if it is something you can work with. There are many tutorials for Unity which you can see if you are interested in learning.

enriquegil89 likes this.
  19. exarchtech

exarchtech

I am looking for space mines, but space mines that don't explode are just decorated asteroids and _my_ explosions are very basic. I would buy these mines if they had custom explosions, perhaps with shrapnel, included with the package.

20. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. it makes a lot of sense and it is of course easier for the user to have everything ready in place to use in his/her game.

Our mines pack is currently focused on the 3D modeling side of things like most of our packs, so that if anyone buys it; they don't have to pay for the price of additional effects if they already have effects and are not going to use the ones we included, especially that some people might want a 2D animated sprites, others a 3D simple one and others a more complex effect and we cannot accommodate for all of those types.

There are plenty of other packs on the asset store that provide effects which you can use for all of your explosions. Additionally, if we ever create an effects pack which can be used with our mines we will keep you posted.

Thanks again for your message and all the best wishes in your game making.

21. nyscersul

nyscersul

Hello again, i have noticed that there are a number of parts to which the surface intended to be adjacent to another part is non-existant, resulting in holes in the constructed ships, or stiff limitations to the placement of said parts.

Would it be possible to have these sealed up? Nothing special, just a block colour flat surface seems most appropriate, i know a thing or two about uvs, and you should be able to manually set the uvs at the vertices in question to reuse a very small portion of the textures you already have, so theoretically just the model could be edited.

If this is a worthwhile consideration please let me know. It seems the entire pack is quite professional seeming, and this small point somewhat breaks that.

Ill hope!

Thanks again, and have a good evening!

EbalStudios likes this.
  22. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Great to hear from you! it's always good to know of anything that can improve the collection. A lot of people might not like something and we would never know about it because they don't let us know.

It should be easy to change, like you said, just seal it up and reuse UVs, but we will only modify the modules (The ones inside the modules scene) and not the modular examples due to how the modular examples where assembled.

Still finishing up the high-res modular spaceships pack, after we upload the high-res modular spaceships; we will do a test for modifying the USC modules and see if we can fix all the modules in the pack. ;)

23. nyscersul

nyscersul

Will the high res one be an entirely new pack?

Also, its only the actual part models that matter :)

24. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes, the high-res one is a completely new pack, with interiors and different texturing approach.

25. nyscersul

nyscersul

Do you have an expected completion date?

26. nyscersul

nyscersul

Also, any idea of level of cost? Very interested in your work :) if it follows the previous pack's level of ingenuity and design flair, i expect we will all be happy with it :)

27. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes! Two months ago! :eek::D:D
    We are seriously behind schedule for this one. But at the moment we are going all over the textures again to improve them. So we are almost there. Once you see the final pack you will understand why it took so long to finish. Much more effort is taken with every module in this pack and every module has its own texture.

After the amount of work that was put into the high res pack we doubt we will ever recover what we spent on it, especially that it's somewhat of a niche product in comparison to the USC. So this one will be priced higher than the USC.

So far the plan is to release a free sample of the high-res spaceships, 2 packs priced at 69$ each, and a complete collection combining the 2 packs for 99$ but this is just quick ideas running through my head at the moment and we are focused at finishing the collection first, we might revise pricing at release time.

Anyways, hope when it's uploaded it can keep pace with the hype, can't wait to finish it :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Valkrysa_Herja likes this.
  28. exarchtech

exarchtech

I don’t need 2D explosion graphics for 3D mines and basic particle effects are basic, which I would avoid. A mine exploding should show custom mine fragments and/or shrapnel.

29. exarchtech

exarchtech

There is little more maddening than frozen decorative ship panels, especially well designed ones. Make certain that the material on those little screens is exposed at runtime so cameras and interactive screens can be put there. Similarly frozen joysticks: interior controls should be individually movable parts, or have optional moving parts, so that the interior can be made/used as an interactive player cockpit.

30. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Checked out some of the newer assets since June and in particular am finding the Warp Gates quite fun.

I was also thinking more about what ultimate ship creator is missing, and maybe this would be part of that or perhaps it would be a seperate expansion set of some sort but...
    I think there should be more parts added that take inspiration less from box/sphere/wing and more from daggers (example: Star Destroyers) and pods (example: Battlestar Galactica).
    This would help meet more cases around Capital Ships as opposed to fighters. I know the Craizan update was also for that purpose, but I think more traditional inspiration couldn't hurt.

EbalStudios likes this.
  31. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Glad you liked the warp gates, yes certainly, we did get some feedback that lots of spaceships had the "flying wing, boxy" style and we tried to remedy that with our latest spaceships additions but it's probably not enough.

If we make any new sets we will make sure that we have a set that can make something like the star destroyer (Maybe not the exact size though because it will be huge :)) and something in the style of Battlestar Galactica. The battlestar cerberus is looking quite cool.

And just a note to everyone, if we add any more spaceship sets for the USC, we will have to separate the Substance Painter files into a completely different pack that will need to be purchased separately.
    (For new comers to this thread, yes, currently the Substance Painter files are included but we are just debating about future additions and changes)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Valkrysa_Herja likes this.
  32. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig

I'd be more than happy to pay for a 2nd USC set.

EbalStudios likes this.
  33. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Would love to be able to make you one instantly :D but the first one took a gigantic effort to produce.

At the moment one artist is working full time for the high-res spaceships, another is working part time on a ground units pack similar to the USC and I am learning coding and working on version 2 of Shmup Baby.

We still have no idea what will we be working on after those are finished. The USC has been an un-ending project so far, never imagined it to grow so big. We could add the capital ship Alice suggested earlier and put the Substance painter files on a different expansion pack, or maybe add few more spaceship sets and split those into 2 USCs or keep the collection as is while we work on something different.

We probably need to carefully study our previous sales vs work hours stats and imagine things from a developer point of view to make a more informed decision. But for now we just want to get the high res spaceships out there.

Your reviews or encouraging words make a difference to any publisher ;).

34. Sir_Ken

Sir_Ken

First of all, thank you for the fantastic USC pack.

Going through your other asset descriptions, I wasn't able to figure out if the content in the following assets were all unique:

Alien Modular Space Stations
    Modular Space Stations
    Space Stations Creator
    Modular Warp Gates
    Modular Hover Racers
    Modular Sci-Fi Weapons
    Ultimate Spaceships Creator

Could you please clarify if contents of the bundles above do not have any overlap?

35. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Hi, all of the ones you mentioned are unique with no overlap.

To always double check which ones are unique, just go back to the first post in the first page of this thread, and look up the ones in purple.

36. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

37. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

I have several of their packs and can confirm they compliment each other well and no overlap.

EbalStudios likes this.
  38. Sir_Ken

Sir_Ken

Just wanted to make sure. Thank you for clarifying.

EbalStudios likes this.
  39. nyscersul

nyscersul

Heya, bit of feedback over the USC pack...

As you read this, please take note, it is difficult to give this kind of feedback without sounding like i am knocking the pack, or calling you a bad dev.
    *THIS IS NOT THE CASE.*
    I am very happy with the pack, and, the *only* reason i am giving this feedback is because you seem to listen, as only a good developer would. It also seems this may be something you'd learn by experience anyways.

When you created the example designs, you created them using different meshes... This kind of defeats the point of using the set in a modular way...

If you use the examples and the modules together, you are then required to load double the amount of mesh data into memory to display the same stuff. If i want to put a design of my own next to an example, using the same appearance, the renderer has to work twice as hard to render what should be duplicates of the same model... but is not.

Now, as if that werent bad enough, the data for the meshes that have an identical shape in the examples and the modules have absolutely *no* correlations in the data. I havent gone so far as the normals, but under brute force analysis by a complex data algorithm, it shows that there are *no* correlations. The uv, triangle, and vertex arrays are *ALL* ordered differently, resulting in my need to... Well. lets just say im damn good with complex data and the problem of ascertaining the simple transform required to replace the example ship parts with those from the modules, this has taken a week of hard coding so far.

Maybe in future, if you make any further packs that are modular, *PLEASE* only include one set of master meshes. The usc pack has something like 3 replicated versions of each part, one as a standalone module, one as a modular design, and another as a part of a singular mesh design...

Have you ever considered the cpu time required alone to compare every mesh in the examples with every module? Then, to compare and calculate an extrapolated shape from two meshes simultaneously for comparison... And to essentially need to match 200 part modules against 6500 parts from the examples....

It amounts to several billion calculations, easily.

Users of the sets can do all those little "Recalculate Normals" things themselves... Thats likely what led to this. And, for the case of the singular meshes, you can make one of those easily using unities CombineMeshes function. Which is great... And it means that doing it before release is unnecesary, and, as it has here, it only results in confused data.

Should the requirement to provide multiple versions of the mesh be unavoidable, at least make them so that they each have the same mesh data, with the same orientations and origins.

Still, i must end this on a positive note... If your set was not good enough, i wouldnt have put the effort into fixing this issue. Should you wish it, once the algorithm is done, i may be inclined to send you a copy to reorder the pack for a new release, as i intend to basically replace the folder of examples prefabs with a new folder of examples, faithfully reproducing your original example designs except with the modular meshes.

Great work with the set tho, and the other sets you are working on seem exciting too, so if you are interested in the algorithm, ill attempt to make it as easy to use as possible, to avoid delaying other pojects.

Have a great day :D

40. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

This was quite a fascinating read! I cannot even imagine how you managed to accomplish what you did. The meshes are indeed different, we encountered several issues while exporting/importing and with normals which required us to export the meshes as obj and import them again. In addition, the "examples modular" meshes were created at a later time manually; so the position of components do not match the "examples" meshes. I have no idea how your program works. It must of been an interesting challenge, not to mention that each component is rotated/scaled so the comparison tests must be quite intense combined with the huge number of examples and components.

All future meshes and assets should avoid this pitfall, the hover racers, alien space stations and weapons have their "examples modular" assembled from modules so they should be alright. I will send you a voucher for the hover racers to test them out and let us know if they are better. Everything you have mentioned will be taken in all of our future modules and even when if we make games we are going to make sure we do things in the most efficient way possible.

Not sure if I will be able to use your script. It must be quite complex and I don't want you to spend more time than you have to, improving it. but if you ever make a ready version for use please feel free to share it :)

41. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

List of things we are considering so far for the USC
    • Closing the empty back sides for modules
    • We noticed that when importing several of our assets in the same project the readme script files will overlap, we are considering what the best solution might be at the moment.
    • If we get any time luxury we might consider rebuilding the examples modular from the modules.
    • More ships, capital ships with different designs, this might require splitting the pack into 2 or creating a new pack.
    Disclaimer! It is not certain we will do any of those updates. We will work on any improvements only when and if we are able to with no promises on delivery dates, it could take up to a year to make an update or we might consider the current or potential sales number too low to afford to make the updates.

42. nyscersul

nyscersul

Sounds great :)

centaurianmudpig likes this.
  43. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

I'd vote for more capital ships

EbalStudios likes this.
  44. enriquegil89

enriquegil89

Hi!

I would like to know if I can purchase a pack of spaceships for commercial use, and if once I have get the pack, I can change easly the perspective of the spaceships pre-designed.

Thank you!
    Enrique

45. nyscersul

nyscersul

The whole point of paying for the pack is to offer you the required licenses to use the contents of the pack in any games. Thats what they are for, i am unsure what you mean about perspective, tho.

(I am just a person who has purchased the pack previously, and have enjoyed it so far.)

EbalStudios and enriquegil89 like this.
  46. nyscersul

nyscersul

The pack comes with 16 sets of parts, each set looks individual and possesses around 5-15 materials in different colours. It also contains approximately 200 ship designs, and all of these are made from the parts in the set. The designs use slightly different meshes to the actual parts, but, you do get a set of the designs which are modifiable, you can change parts and replace them if you desire. The 200 ship designs are also included as singular meshes, and if you so desire, unity contains a "combine meshes" function you coukd use to make your own "solid" one piece designs, with a short script.

47. enriquegil89

enriquegil89

i have purchase "Sci-fi Planets" but i can not open them in Unity. I press button "open in Unity" and anything happens. What can I do?

Thank you again,
    Enrique

48. nyscersul

nyscersul

Are you on the website?

If you already have unity installed, use its inbuilt asset store window. It will handle everything from being able to purchase from right within unity to the download and import into your project.

49. nyscersul

nyscersul

(The website's open in unity button i have never used, but, it has never given me issues accessing direct in unity.)

50. enriquegil89

enriquegil89

Hi,

I would like to know how can I export planets predesigned in PNG to work with them as pictures in photoshop.

Thank you again,
    Enrique