Search Unity

World Building EasyRoads3D v3 - the upcoming new road system

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by raoul, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Hi. I am trying to upload an .osm file but whenever it is upload, it takes up the entire terrain no matter the terrain size. How do I get it to spawn but on a smaller scale?

2. raoul

raoul

Hi SickaGamer,

Usually OSM data is used together with terrain DEM data so the roads match the terrain. Are you using real world terrain data? Do you know the coordinates of the terrain? In that case, when these coordinates do not match the OSM data file, these terrain values can be entered in the respective fields in the Inspector. The OSM data will be parsed relative to these coordinates.

Otherwise, what is your terrain setup? Without matching terrain data the results may not be very realistic unless the terrain is fairly flat. In that case, to control the bounds of the parsed roads you could activate a temporary smaller terrain object when importing the OSM file.

Thanks,
    Raoul

3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@raoul I am just trying to put it on top of a Gaia Pro generated terrain 2km by 2km. I am not making a huge open world game but would like to take a layout of a village that I once lived in for the road structure. If this is possible, can you please provide details on how to get it to fix?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  4. raoul

raoul

@SickaGamer,

The geo data in the OSM file is in latitude / longitude format. That is why it works well with DEM terrain data for recreating real world situations.

In your case, what exactly would you like to be able to do? Do you simply want to generate the roads with the origin at the center of the terrain at a specific scale relative to the terrain size? I guess that can be added, the results will depend on how hilly the terrain is.

Thanks,
    Raoul

5. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@raoul Yeah. How you described it is exactly how I envisioned to use it. Create a small village and then be able to expand from there use that as a start point.

6. raoul

raoul

Hi @SickaGamer,

Ok, just to resume the idea of the OSM data import option is to recreate real world maps also using real world terrain data. But I will add a scale option so the OSM data can be scaled relative to the terrain bounds for more control in the case the terrain is not based on real world data.

This should be fairly easy to add. A new v3.3 beta update is scheduled for this week, this scale option will be part of it.

Thanks,
    Raoul

7. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Thank you !!

8. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Raoul,

I am having a few issues with sidewalks and before I got to far into my scene, I thought I should show you the issues
    https://imgur.com/a/LvMyIU5

There are two roads connected to the Connection at the bottom of the image; If I select a marker on either Road, the sidewalks appear on the road selected, but disappear on the other road. I can repeat this by selecting the other road and moving a marker... repeat forever, still missing a sidewalk. This still happens if I close the project and reopen, including rebooting the computer. No messages, warnings or error are shown in the log.

My scene has two custom roads "4 Lanes" and "6 Lanes"

That Connection has two "4 Lanes" roads, the road connected at the top is a "6 Lanes" road. The Connection is showing the correct road types selected to each end-point. Notice that the sidewalks on this connection are f'ed up. Also the Left and Right Corner Curvature values cannot be changed If I attempt to move the slider, it won't move. If I change the value directly it changes back to "0.1"

Additional, notice the sidewalk on the center of the upper Connection, or the lack of it.

These sort of things are happening in a few of the streets I have connected. If you'd like I can upload the project, or if you need any other info just ask.

Unity 2021.2.01f
    ER3D v3.3.b6

Have a good evening

9. raoul

raoul

Hi James,

This could very well be a known issue in the current v3.3 beta when a road object is split into two road objects after inserting a Flex Connector. Both road objects link to the same original sidewalk instance. In the current beta this can be fixed by selecting the sidewalk object in the hierarchy and delete it. That way it will be recreated after road changes on the original road object and a new sidewalk object will be created for the other road object.

This is fixed in the v3.3 beta update available later this week.

Regarding the sidewalk issue on the Flex Connector, let's see how that works in this new update. It includes further improvements on the new sidewalk features in v3.3.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.
  10. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Cool, I can wait for the next beta to see if this resolves it.

Have a great week

11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I was also wondering what would be the best way to make HUGE parking lots

12. raoul

raoul

Hi James,

The fix in the upcoming beta is to prevent the situation where both roads link to the same already existing sidewalk game object. So you probably still want to do what I suggested in my previous post, removing the sidewalks on the problematic roads so they will be rebuild accurately after updating these road objects.

Have a greate week too!

Raoul

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  13. raoul

raoul

Hi SickaGamer,

Parking lots is on the list to add. Because you mention HUGE parking lots, do you have anything specific in mind regarding the shape etc.?

At the moment this would be a matter of modelling it and optionally importing it into the system through the Custom Connection system so roads can connect to the entrance / exit.

And with some patients parking lots can be created using side objects. The grid system can be useful for this to quickly align the road objects.

The below example was created using the parking side object asset from the HD Roads Add On package. We experimented with this a while ago when a user asked a similar question.

parking-lot.jpg

Thanks,
    Raoul

14. MichaelRobson

MichaelRobson

Hello

I have EasyRoads3D but I am seeing a lot of material errors with the junctions. This occurs in my project and the EasyRoads3D example scene.

Any help would be appreciated. I am on Unity 2020.3.15f2

upload_2022-1-11_12-16-20.png

15. raoul

raoul

Hello Michael,

Is this an URP or HDRP project?

The prefabs in the screenshot are examples of Custom Connection prefabs. They are used in the older v3.1 scene in the additional demo package that you have imported.

URP / HDRP shaders were added in v3.2. The road network materials in the v3.2 demo scene that use custom shaders are all optimized for URP / HDRP. Materials that use Unity built-in shaders can be upgraded through the material upgrade options in the Unity editor.

This information is also available in the "SRP Demo Package Notes" file in the EasyRoads3D root directory.

For older v3.1 assets, and if you want to use these assets, it is a matter of assigning one of the new v3.2 shaders.

Thanks,
    Raoul

16. MichaelRobson

MichaelRobson

Hello, I am experiencing another issue.

When enabling Retaining Walls with the road clipping into the terrain, the scene camera controls will become locked on the first camera function you use (look around or drag). The only way to fix this is to move the road so it is not clipping with the terrain, or to disable retaining walls on this section of road.

Moving the road away, it then leaves retaining wall visible in the old location. When moving the road again this refreshes. See screenshot below.

upload_2022-1-11_17-59-55.png

I have attached the error as viewed in the console. I hope this will help.

Attached Files:

17. raoul

raoul

Hi Michael,

The error happens in the code that generates the wall side object mesh. Is it a repetetive error? That would explain why the Scene View camera controls become locked.

Looking at the image this is a long road with retaining walls visible on both sides of the road. It appears the walls are generated along the full road. How long is this road? The length of the road is visible in the Inspector. It seems you are stress testing the side object auto activate option in quite an extreme way. How can we recreate this? I tested this in the v3.2 demo scene, adding markers, moving markers to trigger different wall sections for 5 minutes, there were no errors.

autoactivater.jpg

Or is it possible to send us this project / scene by email with the road object shape in the state that it will raise errors so we can look at it on our end?

Also, if you want the retaining wall along the full road it is easier and more efficient to deactivate the "Auto Generate" option and switch on the default active state for this side object. These options can be controlled per road object in the main side object settings.

Thanks,
    Raoul

MichaelRobson likes this.
  18. NotoMuteki

NotoMuteki

I'm not using sidewalks(side objects) of HD Road Add-On Package.
    スクリーンショット 2022-01-12 052321.png
    To confirm, this is the v3.3 connection & sidewalk system right?
    I upgraded to the latest version(v3.3 b4) but there's no change.

Attached Files:

19. raoul

raoul

Hi NotoMuteki,

The green handles in the corner are visible, that is the current v3.2 sidewalk workflow.

In V3.3 the Flex Connector is introduced. It will replace the current built-in X and T crossings also used in your image.

Note the greyed out Flex Connector checkbox in your image. It is currently greyed out because the X crossing has 3 unused connections. After road objects are attached to these connections, the Flex Connector option will be active and v3.3 sidewalk options will be available.

Did you already set up v3.3 sidewalk presets in General Settings > Sidewalks?

Flex Connectors can be created instanly by extruding toads from other roads and snapping roads together.

Thanks,
    Raoul

20. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hey @raoul

I am having this safety tire object which i have in blender oriented in this way as it will be used for stacking on top of each other but i'm also trying to use it as a side object but want to have it oriented as usual... I however can not find a way to adjust the default orientation when setting up the side object... a good addition ( if yet not possible ) would be to have an option for users to be able to adjust ( correct ) orientation on all 3 axes as for example it's done in Dreamteck Splines tool...

Anyway if this is already possible how i can orient the object as i mentioned !?

Cheers !

upload_2022-1-12_11-55-13.png

21. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Also is there a way to use multiple objects of the same type to create randomness... for example i have these tires with 6 different colors using a single material and want to add them all to the side object and have your tool spawn in random or using some order rule !?

Edit : it would be also useful for road blockers etc...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  22. MichaelRobson

MichaelRobson

Thank you for your response. I will try building my road sections smaller and see if I run into the same issue. If I do I will see if I can share our scene with you.

I would also like to ask if there if a guide to building sidewalks? I see some mention of this coming in v3.3? When it the planned release date.

Thank you for all the help you provide it is amazing support!

23. raoul

raoul

Hi Vagabond_,

It seems Unity adds rotations to the object when dropping it into the scene because of the object setup in Blender. In that case, this is fixed by baking the rotations in Blender. Alternatively a new prefab can be created with the rotated safety tire object as a child. And assign this new prefab to the side object.

Thanks,
    Raoul

24. raoul

raoul

@Vagabond_,

Yes, that is possible. Create a new prefab and add all variations as childs. Assign this prefab to the side object in the Side Object Manager.

Look in the General Settings for the "Prefab Childs" dropdown. This will be active when child objects are detected. By default "All" is selected, all child objects will be spawned for each instance. You want to change this to "Random".

Thanks,
    Raoul

25. raoul

raoul

Hi @MichaelRobson,

Sidewalks are already supported in the current version, but indeed this is updated in v3.3 and if you are already using the v3.3 beta than it is recommended to already look into the new sidewalk options in v3.3.

In v3.3 sidewalk presets can be created in the EasyRoads3D Inspector toolbar: General Settings > Sidewalks

In general, the easiest way to do that is by visualizing the sidewalk preset.

Move the scene cam a little bit higher above the terrain and press the "Visualize Sidewalk" button. This will show what the various controls do.

After that these presets can be activated on individual road objects, the second section in the Inspector after selecting a road object. Easier and more efficient is to set the sidewalk state per road type in: General Settings > Road Types. The sidewalk options are currently located in the "Road Type Profile" editor which can be activated near the top in the Main Settings.

Currently v3.3 sidewalks work on v3.3 Flex Connectors. Left and right Sidewalk options will be visible per connection, The left / right options is facing the center of the connection.

The next beta available in the couple of days will include many sidewalk improvments and new options. This is just to let you know, in case you are running into issues with the current beta.

This system will be documented in the manual in the final version and new videos will be made.

Meanwhile, let me know if you have further questions getting this to work.

Thanks,
    Raoul

MichaelRobson likes this.
  26. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Will you have a tutorial on these new sidewalk options?

27. raoul

raoul

Yes, there will be a new video tutorial once all work on the new sidewalk and crosswalk options is done and v3.3 is released.

Thanks,
    Raoul

28. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Ok, so I am stuck. I did something wrong and now an exception is being thrown and I can't find a ref to the specific Road and/or Connection that is the problem.

This exception is thrown when I attempt to move ANY Marker

Care to point me in the right direction? Please.

-----------------------------------------
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <7b5f9a2f7db343a4ab54846ed680277b>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERSideWalkVecs.BuildFlexSingle (EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase baseScript, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERCrossingPrefabs prefabScript, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERConnectionSibling conn1, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERConnectionSibling conn2, System.Int32 index, System.Boolean conn1Priority, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector3]& verts, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector2]& uv1, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector2]& uv4, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32]]& tris, System.Single turnSWAroundCornerThreshold, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Material]& mats, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Color]& colors) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERSideWalkVecs.OCOCDCOOOO (EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase baseScript, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERCrossingPrefabs prefabScript, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERConnectionSibling conn1, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERConnectionSibling conn2, System.Int32 index, System.Int32 index2, System.Boolean conn1Priority, System.Single turnSWAroundCornerThreshold) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.QDDDQODDQDQDQDD.OCQCCDQOCC () (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERCrossings.OCCODDDQCD (EasyRoads3Dv3.QDQDOOQQDQODD sourceRoadType) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERCrossings.OODDCCOOCD (System.Int32 index, UnityEngine.Vector3 p0, UnityEngine.Vector3 p1, UnityEngine.Vector3 p2, System.Boolean update) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularRoad.OQCODOOOOC (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] markersExt, System.Single faceDist, System.Boolean ignorePrefabAlignment, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Single]& tValues, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Single]& markerDistances, System.Boolean forceAutoRotate, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Single]& rotationArray, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Single]& bendAngles) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularRoad.OQDDODCQCD (System.Boolean ignorePrefabAlignment, System.Boolean forceAutoRotate) (at <7e8cf3fcf80c48a59396705fd7d3be85>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OODQCOQQCD.OQQCODDQCO (UnityEngine.Vector3& hitPos, System.Boolean ODQDDDQCCQ, UnityEngine.Event cEvent, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase scr, EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OODQCOQQCD eScr) (at <2b47533a52274d1fa60684a52025a678>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OODQCOQQCD.OCOODDDODO (UnityEngine.Vector3 pos, System.Boolean ODQDDDQCCQ, UnityEngine.Event cEvent, EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase scr, System.Boolean dragStageFlag) (at <2b47533a52274d1fa60684a52025a678>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OODQCOQQCD.OnSceneGUI () (at <2b47533a52274d1fa60684a52025a678>:0)
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7b5f9a2f7db343a4ab54846ed680277b>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7b5f9a2f7db343a4ab54846ed680277b>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <7b5f9a2f7db343a4ab54846ed680277b>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at <12f9706bdb064a6c8a1d1b6f565a0097>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at <12f9706bdb064a6c8a1d1b6f565a0097>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.DoOnGUI () (at <12f9706bdb064a6c8a1d1b6f565a0097>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnSceneGUI () (at <12f9706bdb064a6c8a1d1b6f565a0097>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUIRaw (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.CallbackEventHandler.HandleEventAtTargetPhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ApplyDispatchingStrategies (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, System.Boolean imguiEventIsInitiallyUsed) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEventQueue () (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.OpenGate () (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcherGate.Dispose () (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <0713f2bf9762492888a6ba6ef8e57ae8>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <747b78853467428797e4a32ad808a642>:0)

29. raoul

raoul

Hello James,

This is v3.3 beta sidewalks related. Let's see if it still happens in the upcoming beta update.

In that case we can debug this. At this moment it is impossible to tell from the error what the problem is. All that is clear is that this happens on a Flex Connector corner where either two different sidewalk types are used or where sidewalks are only active on one side of the corner.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.
  30. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Ok, I can wait. As usual, thanks for the quick response.

31. MichaelRobson

MichaelRobson

Hello @raoul . I am still running into this issue and would like to send you me scene. How would you like me to do this?

Michael

32. raoul

raoul

Hello @MichaelRobson,

In these cases usually the project is uploaded to filesharing services like for example Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and the link is send to us by email. The email is for example in the readme file in the EasyRoads3D root directory.

Thanks,
    Raoul

33. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Did you say when the next update is coming out?

34. raoul

raoul

Hello SickaGamer,

Updating the v3.3 beta package with new provisional sidewalk / crosswalk assets and presets at the moment.

If all goes well and there is still time to prepare the final builds, the package will be available later today. Otherwise it will on our website tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.
  35. Dajokn

Dajokn

Which files do I have to download to get railroads from the demo package? Downloading the whole thing causes a whole bunch of errors and is filled with stuff I don't need.

I need railroads, old paved two lane road, old road with no lines, and dirt road.

Better yet how can I make my own types of roads? I'd like to make a set that's optimized to pull everything from a single texture atlas. I can make that in Blender but how do I get it into EasyRoads?

36. raoul

raoul

Hello Dajokn,

Which error do you get and are they real errors, meaning they are not removed after clearing the console or are they more packahe import messages?

A railroad example is in the additional demo package which I assume you already imported? It is used in the older v3.1 demo scene. After opening this scene and selecting / deselecting the main road network object the project file will be populated with all road types and side objects in this scene. After that the railroad example will also be available in other scenes. Or drop the file "ERDemoPresets" in the window that will open after pressing the "Import Side Objects" button from the Side Object manager tab in the EasyRoads3D toolbar in the Inspector. All the side objects in the demo package will be listed. You can select which side objects to import.

New road types can be created through the EasyRoads3D Inspector toolbar: General Settings > Road Types

When using a texture atlas just take into account that the texture will tile so lay out the road textures horizontally for bottom to top. A modelling app like blender is not really involved here. In fact for this you may want to check the v3.3 beta which has the option to set UV coordinates per road type and also supports custom road shapes.

Thanks,
    Raoul

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@raoul Were you able to get the update with the resizeable osm files done? Also do you provide documentation on using sidewalks in the beta?

38. numbers1234

numbers1234

Is it possible to create intersections like this with EasyRoads? With turning lanes. Any idea how to accomplish it?

Attached Files:

• RA.png
      RA.png
      File size:
      969.2 KB
      Views:
  39. MrTimcakes

MrTimcakes

Hey,
    I'm running into some issues building my ER3D Terrains and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into anything similar before. In a fresh project with only ER3D imported whenever I attempt to build the terrain from the ER3D Road Network I get:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. MissingMethodException: Method not found: void UnityEditor.Unwrapping.GenerateSecondaryUVSet(UnityEngine.Mesh)
    2. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OODQQDDCQD.OnInspectorGUI () (at <ca13c8a7953846269322eaaf8e1346f4>:0)
    3. UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass62_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <76819724d5c74937a843af248f6ad606>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    I've tested this on Unity Editor 2022.1.0b3 & 2020.3.25f1 with both the Built-in RP and URP with ER3D v3.2.1f2.
    During ER3D package import on Unity 2022.1.0b3 I get another error but I belive this to be unrelated:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Unable to update following assemblies:Assets/EasyRoads3D/lib/DelaunayER.dll (Name = DelaunayER, Error = -2147450735) (Output: C:\Users\Ducky\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp457e3dcc.tmp)
    3. Could not execute because the application was not found or a compatible .NET SDK is not installed.
    4. Possible reasons for this include:
    5.   * You intended to execute a .NET program:
    6.       The application 'C:/Program' does not exist.
    7.   * You intended to execute a .NET SDK command:
    8.       It was not possible to find any installed .NET SDKs.
    9.       Install a .NET SDK from:
    10.         https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
    11. Assets/EasyRoads3D/lib/EasyRoads3Dv3.dll (Name = EasyRoads3Dv3, Error = -2147450735) (Output: C:\Users\Ducky\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp22886958.tmp)
    13. Could not execute because the application was not found or a compatible .NET SDK is not installed.
    14. Possible reasons for this include:
    15.   * You intended to execute a .NET program:
    16.       The application 'C:/Program' does not exist.
    17.   * You intended to execute a .NET SDK command:
    18.       It was not possible to find any installed .NET SDKs.
    19.       Install a .NET SDK from:
    20.         https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
    21. Assets/EasyRoads3D/Editor/EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.dll (Name = EasyRoads3Dv3Editor, Error = -2147450735) (Output: C:\Users\Ducky\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp13410456.tmp)
    23. Could not execute because the application was not found or a compatible .NET SDK is not installed.
    24. Possible reasons for this include:
    25.   * You intended to execute a .NET program:
    26.       The application 'C:/Program' does not exist.
    27.   * You intended to execute a .NET SDK command:
    28.       It was not possible to find any installed .NET SDKs.
    29.       Install a .NET SDK from:
    30.         https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
    32. UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterLogger:WriteErrorToConsole (string,object[])
    33. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:HandleAssemblyUpdaterErrors (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.AssemblyUpdaterUpdateTask>)
    34. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:UpdateAssemblies ()
    35. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:ProcessImportedAssemblies (string[])
    .NET SDK 6.0 is installed as is .NET SDK 5.0 (Windows 11)

40. raoul

raoul

Hi @SickaGamer,

Have a look in the OSM Import section, there is a new "OSM Data Scale" option, this is relative to the terrain bounds.

Regarding the new sidewalk options in the v3.3 beta, the documentation will be updated. Meanwhile, is there anything specific that is not clear? A summary of the workflow was posted last week further above https://forum.unity.com/threads/eas...-new-road-system.229327/page-205#post-7801890

Thanks,
    Raoul

41. raoul

raoul

Hi @numbers1234,

EasyRoads3D includes built-in intersection options and custom intersection options based on imported models. Eventually something like in your screenshot will be possible, referring to the addiitonal lane "Left Only". Other than that this is currently possible.

So, if you want that exact intersection style in the current version, you may want to try to import this model into the system. If you do not have a copy of the Pro version yet, you could send the model to us so we can test this for you.

Thanks,
    Raoul

42. raoul

raoul

Hi MrTimcakes,

There are issues in the Unity 2022 beta version especially regarding switching to Build Mode. We have discussed this with the Unity devs and they confirmed that changes are being made to for example the Unwrapping class, this results in errors. So currently EasyRoads3D is not fully functioning yet in the Unity 2022 beta, we are monitoring this.

The other version you mention is 2020.3.25f1.

Starting from Unity 2021.2 a different EasyRoads3D package is required. Unfortunately the Unity package manager does not take this into account. Once a version of a package is already imported, this version will be used across all Unity versions unless you force a new download from the Asset Store.

Before looking deeper into the actual problem that you are having, is that what you have done when testing across projects, force a new download of the package from the Asset Store? Can you try this in the 2020.3.25f1 project and let me know if that does not solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Raoul

MrTimcakes likes this.
  43. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I didn't see the new package on the asset store yet.

44. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Is the latest beta version available yet?

45. raoul

raoul

46. raoul

raoul

Hi @JamesWjRose,

Yes, it was released last Friday. The website pages are not fully updated yet but the package download itself is.

Thanks,
    Raoul

47. MrTimcakes

MrTimcakes

Thanks Raoul,
    Working on Unity 2021.2.8f1 with ER3D v3.2.1f2. I'll just backdate the rest of the features off from the beta.

raoul likes this.
  48. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

The package I downloaded on Sat says version 5, but the version you gave me a few weeks back says version 6. So I assume that the version number doesn't matter?

49. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I found the one from Jan 14th and used that one since it was upload on the day that Raoul said it was.

raoul likes this.
  50. raoul

raoul

Hi James,

The previous official beta was beta 4, the alpha version I sent to you a couple of weeks ago was not named correctly. The current v3.3 beta 5 is the latest.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.