Search Unity

World Building EasyRoads3D v3 - the upcoming new road system

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by raoul, Feb 19, 2014.

1. RetroFlight

RetroFlight

Yes! That fixed it. Thanks very much I appreciate it!

raoul likes this.
  2. Temeos

Temeos

Hello,

i have a problem with my custom connection prefab.
    The texture of the custom connection is darker than the one on the model i am using to make the custom connection.
    Here are two screenshots:

Here is the original model next to a road:
    BridgeModel.PNG

and here is the custom connection with the roads connected to it:
    Bridge.PNG

I have tried recalculating the normals and tangents. Both didn't work for me.
    Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Best regards and stay healthy!

3. raoul

raoul

Hello Temeos,

When dropping the original prefab in the scene, does Unity apply rotation values to it, especially on the X or Z axis? And when adding it to the Custom Connection Prefab window, is it necessary to change the "Trace On" axis to make it appear correctly in the window? In that case, indeed the normals also have to be recalculated and that should solve the problem.

Can you send us the prefab so we can test on our end?

Thank you and stay save to!

Raoul

4. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

2 Error Android build.
    Unity Editor 2019.3.4f1

Error 1 :-

Shader error in 'EasyRoads3D/Terrain/ER Terrain Mesh Tesselation': maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 149 (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD SPOT SHADOWS_DEPTH
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Error 2 :-

Shader error in 'EasyRoads3D/Terrain/ER Terrain Mesh Tesselation': maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 149 (on vulkan)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD SPOT SHADOWS_DEPTH
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

5. Temeos

Temeos

Hello Raoul,

thank you for the quick answer!
    I tried recalculating normals again and it helped.

Best

Temeos

raoul likes this.
  6. raoul

raoul

Hi MianWaqqas,

This error is related to a shader in the additional demo package. As the asset store description says this demo package is intended for learning purposes that is also why it is a separate package. It includes some more complex assets like this particular shader which is not suitable for Android builds.

The shader is used in the demo project for the terrain mesh next to the mountain road near the coast, the road with the retaining walls. The shader uses the terrain textures and terrain splatmap, a tesselation texture and additional textures for the rock and dirt next to the road.

Are you using this shader in your project? If not, then you can safely remove it:

/Assets/EasyRoads3D/shaders/misc/ER Terrain Mesh Tesselation

Otherwise a shader without tessellation can be used, the latest build includes a lighter version. Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Raoul

MianWaqqas likes this.
  7. PHeimlich

PHeimlich

Hi Raoul,

I was trying to use the sidewalk function for roads without intersaction in the new alpha v3.3., but it doesn't work and I get that message:
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

I get that message when I am trying to create a new sidewalk type and when I want to add the new sidewalk type to the road. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix in the next version?

Thx,
    PHeimlich

8. raoul

raoul

Hi PHeimlich,

I belief I mentioned in these posts that this is something that is being worked on. It is not fully active yet in the v3.3 alpha. Sidewalk support will be available in the next 3.3 alpha update.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.
  9. gbagiryan

gbagiryan

Hi, i'm getting an error on import

Assembly 'Assets/EasyRoads3D/lib/EasyRoads3Dv3.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Unable to resolve reference 'DelaunayER'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

Assembly 'Assets/EasyRoads3D/Editor/EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Reference has errors 'EasyRoads3Dv3'.

how can I fix this? EasyRoads3d v3.1.9f4

10. raoul

raoul

Hi gbagiryan,

There are no known issues with DelaunayER in the latest v3.1.9f4. It was actually imported today in a new project to do other tests. It imported well.

Which version of Unity do you use? And is this related to the free version or the Pro version? Do you get other errors? Have you tried this in a completely new project project?

Thanks,
    Raoul

11. gbagiryan

gbagiryan

Thanks for your reply, I'm using Unity 2019.3.11f1 (64-bit) also tried on Unity 2019.3.10f1 (64-bit) and the free version of EasyRoads3d. I just tried to import it to a completely new project and still got the same two errors. The weird thing is I was using the previous version of EasyRoads just fine in another project, the error started occuring after the update

12. raoul

raoul

Hi gbagiryan,

The free version was indeed updated earlier this week and approved by the asset store team yesterday. It is strange, everything worked well in the project used to upload the package. But the error makes sense, DelaunayER is not required for the free version and there should not be a reference to it.

This has been fixed, an update is uploaded to the asset store. Hopefully it will be approved soon.

Thanks,
    Raoul

13. gbagiryan

gbagiryan

Thank you very much!

14. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Need Assistance.
    When we add side objects like i add " Wall CC". So when combine Objects option is enabled in Side Objects settings.
    In hierarchy we have Combine Mesh of Wall CC and Child Objects of Wall CC with mesh renderer component set false.
    And when we turn off the Combine Objects for Wall CC. Combine mesh is not made and Wall CC objects mesh renderer is On.
    So my question is when Combine Objects option is True. Aren't we duplicating to meshes in build. Which take size as well in the build and impact the performance if i am not wrong.
    Hopefully you understand my question.
    Regards

15. raoul

raoul

Hi MianWaqqas,

"Combine" creates a new mesh including all instances. The instances themselves are references to the prefab in the project folder, these are not meshes in the scene file. And it does not effect performance, they are disabled.

Thanks,
    Raoul

16. raoul

raoul

Hello NyeinZL,

This is probably covered on the previous page and at the top in Troubleshooting page in the manual. Here is a copy of the post on the previous page:

We have never seen this happen ourselves but this situation is occasionally reported. It is most likely related to a strange issue with events in recent Unity versions in your project. Actions like adding markers, Shift + Click, rely on these events. What solves the problem is resetting the Unity editor in Window > Layouts. After that it can be changed back, if you use a customized setup. It is also mentioned on the Troubleshooting page in the manual.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    NyeinZL likes this.
  17. unity_neIDb-PA4Kmwdw

unity_neIDb-PA4Kmwdw

I recently downloaded it from the asset store but for some reason it says there are errors in the dlls. Here is what it says:

Assembly 'Assets/EasyRoads3D/lib/EasyRoads3Dv3.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Unable to resolve reference 'DelaunayER'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

Assembly 'Assets/EasyRoads3D/Editor/EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Reference has errors 'EasyRoads3Dv3'.

Should I try with a different version of Unity? I am on the slightly older 2018.4.11f1

18. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Similar issues here, cannot shift-click or do anything with the product. Tried resetting the layout but moving cursor to edit window spams errors to console. I'm using the latest version of Unity and the project only has Easy Roads and nothing else.

For instance:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.ODDOQCCODC.OnSceneGUI () (at <d2c0ecc4f4594554b9bb5558a34eebd5>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <95b42489e2e04430a87c3760aa29fca2>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

19. raoul

raoul

Hi unity_neIDb-PA4Kmwdw,

This was also reported a couple of days ago, see above

An update is pending approval by the asset store team. If you like to use it ASAP, please let us know, we can send a fix.

Thanks,
    Raoul

20. raoul

raoul

Hi MarsAttax,

The possible problem with Shift + Click as mentioned in my reply to NyeinZL and covered on the Troubleshooting page in the manual, does not result in errors.

What is your situation? Which packages do you have imported? Does this happen straight after importing the package? If not, what is the history of the scene, what are the steps to recreate this?

Thanks,
    Raoul

21. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Hi,

I have only imported EasyRoads3D Pro v3 from Asset Store. Today I started a new project from scratch and this one is actully working without issues. Still the project I created yesterday which is nearly identical to my eyes has these issues.
    Only difference is that the broken project has EasyRoads3D Assets as well. Actually I just tried removing the asset folder and I'm now able to shift-click to create roads.

I think these are the steps
    1) Create new project (standard 3D)
    2) EasyRoads3D Demo Project from Asset Store
    3) When asked to update obsolete APIs I pressed yes
    4) Create new Road Network
    5) Add new road object of default type
    6) Try to shift click - nothing happens
    7) Try selecting other stuff and then Road Network object - move cursor over editor window -> console errors

22. raoul

raoul

Hi MarsAttax,

Thank you for the additional info. Did you follow the same steps today in the working project?

Because I just followed these steps, pressed "Yes" for importing the demo road type and side object presets. After the road network object is created I checked if all road types and side object presets were imported, which was the case, and created roads with the Default Road type. I noticed there are two, so I tested both, this worked well. Shift + Click does add markers and the road objects were created as expected.

Perhaps something went wrong yesterday with the package import?

It is recommended to always import the EasyRoads3D Pro package afterwards to make sure the latest version is imported. A new demo project package will be available soon, but the current Pro version is v3.1.9f4, the demo package includes v3.1.9f2.

Thanks,
    Raoul

23. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Thanks for the support!

24. BrokenVector

BrokenVector

Hi,
    I'm getting black with the Standard Metalic Cross Road Material shader and the parallax version. Played around with the settings and couldn't find a fix. Know of any work arounds? Thanks.
    upload_2020-5-11_22-11-11.png

25. raoul

raoul

Hi BrokenVector,

That is one of the prefabs from the HD Roads package. These materials are fairly complex. Was perhaps one of the textures removed? You could try to delete the specific material /Assets/Naturemanufacture/HD Roads/Road Materials/Dirty Road/M_Dirty_Road_Y_Crossing and reimport the package / specific material.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  26. CD-ECEU

CD-ECEU

Hey Raul, I haven't ever been able to get the marker specific settings to work. I want to access these settings:

But here's what happens when I select a marker:

upload_2020-5-13_4-3-3.png

I get the global settings instead of the marker specific settings. I am on URP Unity 2019.3.10f1.

27. raoul

raoul

Hi CD-ECEU,

Your screenshot shows the first section, the main Road Settings. The second section is Side Object related, the third is the Marker section. Do you mean this Marker section is not visible further below in the Inspector?

Each section is in a foldout, these foldouts can optionally be closed to minimize the Inspector size. Pressing Shift when clicking a Foldout control will close all other sections / Foldouts.

Thanks,
    Raoul

CD-ECEU likes this.
  28. Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Hello, @raoul. I downloaded the latest version EasyRoads3D Pro v3 Version v3.1.9f4 and installed over demo f2.
    I have some issues with the road surface distortion. It appears on the bends. Triangles are ripple. Do you have any suggestions to get rid of the problem?
    upload_2020-5-14_1-17-36.png

29. raoul

raoul

Hi Yuriy_Sevastyanov,

What are the road settings, especially the settings in the Road Smoothness foldout in the main Road Settings. Could it be the road is set to have reasanble bumpiness or tilting over short distances?

If this only happens in bends, then I assume height differences are involved? In that case the ripple effect is logical result of the triangulation, to reduce this sub segments can be added if this a built-in road type based on two nodes, one on the left and one on the right of the road. The Sub Segment option is also available in the main Road Settings. If this indeed solves the problem, then note that this will require attention when crossings are involved, is that the case?

Thanks,
    Raoul

30. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Hi again!

I'm wondering how is the terrain leveling so inconsistent. As you can see from the image the left side has been nicely leveled like it would have been done in the real world. After the curve though the right side has hardly been touched at all. I've been trying with different settings but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Attached Files:

31. raoul

raoul

Hi MarsAttax,

The Troubleshooting page in the docs cover every possible situation terrain related.

The pink material makes it a little unclear what the road shape is. What is the exact road shape in this area? Can you show this from different angles in Edit Mode and Build Mode?

In general, there must be enough terrain points available to match the terrain with the road.

General Settings > Scene Settings. Highlight options are available to show how the terrain will be adjusted approximately. The "Hide White Surfaces" option shows this more accurately. These surfaces should extend to outside the road area over the Indent distance, this is the minimum required distance based on th terrain heightmap resolution and terrain size. From this point the surfaces will snap to the ground over the surrounding distance, this will level the terrain to the original terrain height. What do these surfaces look like in the specific area? What is the terrain heightmap resolution and size?

Thanks,
    Raoul

32. MarsAttax

MarsAttax

Hi and thanks for replying,

I actually read the troubleshooting section before posting but I didn't try to change the terrain resolution because it looked pretty dense already. Btw your documentation is generally very good!

It was 1000^2terrain with 513^2 resolution. After scaling the terrain down to 500^2 it immediately made a huge difference. Now I'm wondering how can I know what is enough or is it just trial and error.

This pink color is the URP-exprience nowadays. "Hide White Surfaces" setting seems to add some more pink... do there happen to be some additional package for URP shading?

Thank you very much!

33. raoul

raoul

Hi MarsAttax,

It depends on the type of roads you need. Mountain type of roads, especially with sharp bends and height differences require an higher heightmap resolution. It is recommended to experiment with road shapes so you have an idea of what to expect.

Switching the shading mode of the Scene View to one of the Wireframe options will clearly show the available terrain points.

Other ways to deal with this is by raising the road higher above the terrain. With regard to that in v3.3 built-in road shapes with thickness will be supported, this is available in alpha builds. In v3.1 this can already be done based on your own imported custom crossing models with connections that have thickness, atttached roads will inherit this shape.

Thanks,
    Raoul

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

I tried importing OSM data. However the intersections weren't created. Is it possible to have them automatically created?

Example: This one I can create manually without problems but I'd prefer an automatism :)

i.jpg

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

There seems to be a bug in the intersection creation. Sometimes from this:

1.jpg

i get this:

2.jpg

(using today's version from the store)

36. raoul

raoul

Hi Rowlan,

OSM data files, real world situations, can be very complex, that is why crossings are currently not generated yet. Standard X or T crossings would not be a problem, that is actually implemented but not active because it can result in all sorts of complications when crossings are not standard X or T Crossings. As more built-in crossings types are available, like the Flex Connector and motorway exits in v3.3, this will also be integrated in the OSM import.

What is the problem with the crossing. Is it the width change on one of the roads attached to the crossing? What sort of road types are involved and which crossings? When the width of a road does not match the the crossing connection width, it will gradually adjust like visible in the image. If you do not want that, then the road type of the specific road can be assigned to the specific crossing connection by selecting it in the hierarchy. Are you using the v3.3 alpha? In that case the crossing could also be turned into a Flex Connector which supports different road types directly in the Inspector.

Or is it the X Crossing style instead of a T Crossing? In that case, after selecting the crossing, T_Crossing can be toggled on in the Inspector.

Thanks,
    Raoul

37. Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Hello, @raoul
    Thank you for replaying. I used Tilting on bends to compensate for the centrifugal force. Opposite triangle ribs weren't parallel:
    IMG_20200516_120025.jpg

that is why I got regular ripples. I didn't find a silver bullet yet, but there is one approach to get an acceptable result is to divide the road by I connectors and use different Sub Segments and Resolution. I still don't understand fully the difference between Sub Segment and Resolution for triangulation and use it intuitively rather than deliberately.

38. raoul

raoul

Hi Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Glad to hear you get better results

I Connectors can also be used when crossings are involved.

To see the difference between the Resolution and Sub Segments options, you could set the Scene View window to one of the Wireframe modes. This will clearly show the triangulation of the road.

Thanks,
    Raoul

39. Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Yuriy_Sevastyanov

@raoul Thank you for replaying. Also, I have some difficulties to place markers on a terrain. Time to time the markers are placed on random places. What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

40. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks Raoul, so if I install v3.3 I won't get an advantage in that matter, i guess. Is KML support better? Just asking before I try it myself.

No, it was the version from the store. The roads are all the same. The problem is that it resolved as X crossing when it's clearly a T, i. e. it's a bug.

41. raoul

raoul

Hi Yuriy_Sevastyanov,

The Gif is small, the scene setup is not very clear, but the marker placement looks very strange. None of this is known so at this moment it is hard to give feedback. The only known situation where marker placement can be off is with multiple terrains in the scene overlapping each other at different height levels and all set to active in the ER Terrain component attached to the terrain.

Can you reproduce this in provided demo scene? If not, would is be possible to email us the scene so we can look at it ourselves?

Thanks,
    Raoul

42. raoul

raoul

Hi Rowlan,

The OSM import changes I mentioned for v3.3 are not available yet in the current v3.3 alpha. The same for KML support.

Regarding the inserted X Crossing, it is not really a bug I think. It inserts a matching available crossing prefab, X / T Crossings are based on the same crossing type. Perhaps it is your intention to continue the road on the other end. That would not be the case in v3.1 if a T Crossing would be inserted. The X Crossing as it is now, can be turned into a T Crossing in the Inspector by toggling on the "T Crossing" checkbox.

What could be done is auto toggle on the T Crossing checkbox in this scenario.

Thanks,
    Raoul

43. Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Yuriy_Sevastyanov

Hello @raoul
    I came across another issue. It looks like "I Connector" doesn't take into account the marker's tilting. I checked by a horizontal plane that intermediate vertices are at the same heights.
    upload_2020-5-17_15-21-35.png

44. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'd rather prefer having to change it to an X. I'm wondering why it's using X anyway, I clearly connected 1 node between 2 others. Sometimes it uses T, sometimes X.

45. raoul

raoul

That is correct, I will make a note of this.

Meanwhile the I Connector object can be selected and rotated to match the tilting angle on the road.

IConnectorTilting.jpg

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  46. raoul

raoul

It depends on the available crossing prefabs.

Initially when v3 was just released it was easier to have separate X and T Crossing prefabs so both X and T Crossing could be instantiated quickly without having to modify them deeper in the settings. Later in v3.1.x more options like the T Crossing toggle and Rotate Connections were added which are directly available in the Inspector after selecting the crossing. With these options it is easy to use one prefab for both X and T crossings, it will keep the prefabs folder clean.

I made a note to automatically toggle on T Crossing when appropriate.

Thanks,
    Raoul

47. PHeimlich

PHeimlich

Hi raoul,

I am trying to create custom prefabs for my roadnetwork (see picture 1 & 2). How is it possible, to create a custom prefab for easy road with this mesh? When I try to create a Prefab and put it in the custom prefab editor, I get this message (see picture 3). My goal is to connect the roads and create a sidewalk. Or is it possible to create a road type with this mesh? Thanks for your help!

Best regards
    PHeimlich

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  48. raoul

raoul

Hi PHeimlich,

What does your mesh look like in the Custom Prefab Editor window? Is the bounding box of the mesh indeed outside the pivot point (0,0,0)?

Usually the center of the mesh is somewhere near the pivot point. For EasyRoads3D it does not have to be exactly in the center but when the mesh is further away from the pivot point it can result in generated connections in the Custom Prefab Editor pointing in the wrong direction and roads will not connect well.

If you want you can send the model so we can look at it on our end.

Thanks,
    Raoul

49. PHeimlich

PHeimlich

Hi Raoul,

thank you very much, I could solve the first problem! :) Now is the problem, that I want to include a sidewalk, so i can combine the whole street like i showed you in the previous picture. How you can see in the picture here, it is not possible to check the sidewalk. How can I fix this? Thank you!

Best regards,
    PHeimlich

Attached Files:

50. raoul

raoul

Hi PHeimlich,

Glad to hear you got that working.

Built-in sidewalks are currently not supported on custom connection prefabs which can have any shape. In v3.3 this will probably be supported to a certain extent.

In v3.1 sidewalks are part of the road shape. Roads can snap to both dynamic built-in and custom connections when the shape matches. This means that when your model includes the same sidewalk shape as on the roads and other dynamic crossings, roads with sidewalks can connect to your model with the same sidewalk already part of it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Raoul