Search Unity

EasyRoads3D v3 - the upcoming new road system

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by raoul, Feb 19, 2014.

1. IkRikJansen

IkRikJansen

Hi Raoul,

What a quick response :)

I've tested some more and got some more details than I've given before.
    I tested in unity 2019.1.0f2, and in unity 2018.3.11f1. So it doesn't seem to be a 2019 thing.
    • It only happens on t-crossings.
    • I select one of the road ends, and hover over another road / road end, the road goes up a bit, and the errors pop up. It seems to happen at the road opposite of the missing 4th road in a t-crossing
    • When checking T-crossing at an X-crossing, it also happens.
    • When checking T-crossing at an X-crossing, 'Rotate Connections' is always disabled in the ER Modular Base, Swap Base in ER Crossing Prefab is enabled and can be used.
    There is one other issue, I cannot seem to get the Prefab Editor to work.

If tried:
    • Crossing / Connection Prefabs > Create > Shift + Click.
    • Crossing / Connection Prefabs > Create New Prefab > Shift + Click.
    • Road Types > Road Type: Default Road > Create New Connection Prefab > Shift + Click.

Here's another gif, I hope you can see the errors popping up!
    easyroadserror4.gif

Thanks,
    Rik

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. Ravel

Ravel

Hi Raoul,

Great, thanks for the informative reply. I had another go this morning, now I can shift click, create a intersection and shift drag actually creates a road finally. What is interesting, is that the other day, the handle remained transparent, today it is either transparent or opaque after a click, I was happy to see that. Will try this tool some more now. Sorry for frustrated messages at first. Somehow the tool started working and there are no weird error messages. I don't know what all of that was about. I just want to create a authentic road network, and now it seems to work. Great tool! Will update if there is really need to do so, because I am running on a older version of Unity and I am not sure if the latest version works with it. I remember I had trouble with version 2018 in the past, so I will stick with 5, as it is solid and a good foundation to work on.

Thank you for your time and effort Raoul!

3. raoul

raoul

Hi Rik,

Thank you for the further feedback!

Indeed this can be reproduced by selecting the last marker of a road, when this marker is not connected to a crossing yet and when moving over the road section like in your image and only when moving close near the crossing.

It is related to the road snapping option. By itself the error is harmless so in that way it will not affect the road network creation, but this will be fixed. Thank you for reporting this!

Raoul

4. raoul

raoul

Hi Ravel,

Glad to hear you are making progress, did you upgrade to the latest version meanwhile? I had a look, at least the final first release of v3.1 is required when working with the HD Roads package.

Which handle is transparent / opaque after a click? What should happen is that when moving the mouse over the green handle, a yellow rectangle will appear. Mouse down and drag will pull out a new road. Very small, but it is visible in the small gif posted by IkRikJansen in hist first post above.

Thanks,
    Raoul

5. IkRikJansen

IkRikJansen

Thank you, about the Prefab Editor :)

I feel that I'm doing something wrong, rather than it's a problem with the asset.
    Can you tell from this steps if that is the case?
    • Crossing / Connection Prefabs > Create > Shift + Click.
    • Crossing / Connection Prefabs > Create New Prefab > Shift + Click.
    • Road Types > Road Type: Default Road > Create New Connection Prefab > Shift + Click.
    It's not the worst thing, but it would be easier to save than do it by hand every time :)

6. raoul

raoul

The three options are all related to different ways of creating new dynamic connection prefabs. Which is most efficient depends on what you want to do.

It is very much recommended to work with road types. If a new dynamic connection prefab is required matching a newly created road type then the third option is the fastest. It auto generates the connection prefab based on the selected road type. Shift + Click is optional in this case. It can be used to customize it, corner radius, sidewalks, etc. In fact this message mentioning "Shift + Click" should be updated. In Unity 2018.3 and later, this can be done directly in the new Unity prefab editor introduced in Unity 2018.3, not necessarily through Shift + Click in the scene.

The other two options can be used to create new dynamic connection prefabs from scratch, where the second one "Create New Prefab" is positioned on the line saying to "Create copy of". In this case the new dynamic prefab will have the same settings as the starting point as the selected prefab in the dropdown.

This is all related to the current built-in X, T, roundabout options. In v3.2 the Flex Connector is introduced which creates connections based on the involved road types.

The situation with the error message you posted is sorted out and fixed in the next update, thanks again.

Raoul

7. IkRikJansen

IkRikJansen

Hi
    Hi Raoul,

Using the prefab editor works great

Thanks for the detailed help,
    Rik

raoul likes this.
  8. Shadowing

Shadowing

I have this issue that is a pretty large problem
    If i lay like say concrete on top of a road. When I move the camera way out the road shows instead of the concrete.
    Using Easy Roads transparent shader. I tried other easy roads shaders as well.
    I'm not sure if it does this during run time.

9. raoul

raoul

Hi Shadowing,

That is probably a result of the Offset on the EasyRoads3D shader. This offset can be used to deal with both Z fighting with the terrain and the terrains LOD system. The effect of the Offset gets stronger when the object is further away from the cam. That is how this Offset functionality, Unity shader code, works.

First thing to consider here is if this actually could be an issue with the in game cams? If that is the case, then to deal with this either a shader with a similar offset can be used on these objects or the offset value on the shader can be reduced or set to 0. Or you can use another shader.

Thanks,
    Raoul

10. Shadowing

Shadowing

These pics was in scene view actually.
    I tried adjusting the z offset on the shader. But didnt fix it. But then again maybe i needed to make it like -6

11. raoul

raoul

Yes, the offset works both in Scene View and in game. The comment I made about the in game cam is, because when your in game cam is always near the road then the situation in the screenshot you posted will never happen.

Regarding the offset. The stronger the negative value, the stronger the offset, -6 is strong. 0 means no offset. Did you try that?

Thanks,
    Raoul

12. Shadowing

Shadowing

ya I tried zero
    i was able to fix the issue with my bridge by just narrowing the road size so the concrete isn't on top of it.
    I have a train track that goes across the road though where it does it on that. I don't have any ideas to fix that atm.

I'll just have to worry about solving it later on I guess. Won't effect the player I don't think until i add flying crafts in the game later this year.

13. raoul

raoul

There is nothing else special in the shader, it is the offset option that behaves the way you describe and visible in the image.

Thanks,
    Raoul

14. Shadowing

Shadowing

Oh so possibly if i removed the offset from the shader it may fix that.
    Doesn't seem i need the offset anyways. At zero my roads seem fine I think.

15. raoul

raoul

Yes, the Offset is primarily for more hilly areas, it may not be needed. The below line can be removed:

Offset [_OffsetFactor],[_OffsetUnit]

but setting these values to 0 in the Inspector should do the same.

Thanks,
    Raoul

16. johnny77lee

johnny77lee

Hi Raoul ,

1. About the Line Mark , I try to used the "Line Dotted Middle" to add Line Mark in my Road .
    But I still have question about it ,
    a) How to add another "Line Dotted Middle" in my road if the road have 2 Ways 8 Lanes ?
    b) How to change the color to "red" or "yellow" because some some road have double yellow line mark in the middle of the road ?
    c) How to change the width of Line Mark create by "Line Dotted Middle" like the Line Mark of the texture "road2x2lane_d"?(See Attach File)
    2. About the Bridge , Is it have demo Video to add the "bridge simple" & "bridge pillar" ?
    3. About the beta 5 , I just create new project with unity standard package --> import beta 5 --> import demo package --> the Error is occurred . If the demo package will overwrite the script , how to use the flex connector & side object in the same time?
    4. About final v3.2 ,Is there any expectation of when to release ?

ps. I used the Unity 2018 2.4f1 to create my test scene .
    Thanks
    Johnny77Lee

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  17. raoul

raoul

Hi Johnny77Lee,

a) These line markings are done through side objects. The Side objects system is a framework, you can create your own side objects. In this case it is a matter of duplicating the specific line marking side object in the Side Object Manager (2nd tab from the right in the Inspector) and change the X Position offset to match the required position.

b) That is texture / material related. Either the color of the line marking in the texture should change or you can try the color settings in the material and see if you can get the desired color that way, this is easier.

c) This is side object source prefab related. The HD Roads package is intended as a ready-to-use package. If you want to make changes to this then this is a matter of getting familiar with the system itself, the side objects system in this case, and changing the used assets. The line markings are based on a source prefab in the project folder. This source prefab can be scaled up and reassigned as the source prefab.

2. The demo scene includes red lights featured zones with links to tutorials on our website. In this case http://unityterraintools.com/tutorials/bridges.php . In short these bridge side objects are first activated for the road object. This by itself doesn't do anything. Afterwards the marker(s) is selected where the bridge should be, and activate this side object in the side object marker settings in the Inspector. The position can be fine tuned using the offste values or directly in Scene View. The H key toggles on/off handles for this. Zoom in further if they are not visible.

3. That is how Unity works, script components will be overwritten. Please import beta 5 after you imported the demo package

4. 3.2 is a big update, there is no final eta, what exactly are you waiting for or what does not work for you in the current beta?

Thanks,
    Raoul

18. marcrem

marcrem

Hi Raoul.

My team and I are using ER3D for our world design. We are building a very large world, so we split our scene into smaller tiles and only load a selected region of our world to work on it.

Do you see any way of using EasyRoads3D with such a setup? Basically, each group of 25 terrains is saved into a scene, and we have a tool that load the selected scene in the editor (additively). We would like to edit the roads of that selected set of 25 terrains when we load it, etc. Problem is, ER3D won't let us have multiple Road Networks at the same time.

OR, could we possibly only activate a type of road if that's what we're working on? Basically, we can't work on our world with everything in one scene, so we split everything in chunks even for editing. What do you suggest to do with ER3D with such workflow?

Also, is it possible to disable the terraforming gizmo that shows where the terrain will be modified? What we suggest is to only see it if the selected tab in EasyRoads3D is the terrain tab. Why? Because the editor needs to draw the white margins of where the terrain will be affected, and it gets extreme on the CPU.

Thanks!!!

19. raoul

raoul

Hi Marcrem,

If only a selected region is loaded then It sounds as if you want to build the road network scene by scene with each scene having its own road network. That is possible.

The alternative is using a separate with a single road network object and always have this scene loaded. before building the final scenes an editor script can be used to extract all roads and crossings within a specific terrain tile and move them to that specific scene.

Roads can be locked, the little lock icon at the top on the right of the road name in the Inspector. In General Settings > Scene Settings there is an option "Exclude Locked Objects" which will make locked objects unselectable, no marker handles will be displayed.

That too is available in General Settings > Scene Settings. The three "highlight" options and "Hide White Surfaces". The highlight options, as set in Scene Settings, can then be toggled on/off quickly with the space bar when working on the road network. For example, we only activate them in hilly areas when we like to see both a clear reference of the road shape and a visualization of how the terrain will be affected.

I am not sure about the suggestion of only showing these surfaces when the terrain tab is active. The terrain tab is only used to switch between Edit and Build Mode. These highlight and white surface options are used as a reference when changing Indent and Surrounding values in Edit Mode. In that situation you want to have a visual reference.

Thanks,
    Raoul

20. marcrem

marcrem

That would be ideal. However, I can't load two tiles with their own road network with this technique, cause ER doesn't want 2 road networks at the same time. And most importantly, let's say I only load 1 tile at a time, then how do I connect my roads to the next tile's roads, if I can't see them?

I would really help if I could have 2 tiles loaded with their own road networks, so then I would be able to manually position the extent of the roads to fit the other tile's roads.

21. raoul

raoul

In that case the alternative approach could work. Use one main road network and based on the loaded tiles copy the involved roads over to a similar road network in the loaded scene and unload the scene with the main road network. When the work is done, the scene with the main road network is loaded again so all roads can be copied back. This may sound complicated but these are single clicks when using an editor script.This also makes it possible to exactly match roads between tiles by using an I Connector on the tile edges between the two roads.

Two active road networks caused confusion in the past, if you go back in the forum pages you may see screenshots / videos, users asking why roads cannot connect to crossings etc.

Thanks,
    Raoul

22. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

Hi Raoul I'm having a new issue. Connecting roads to crossing is very troublesome. The issue I'm having with it is that sometimes I won't let me make a connection, even when the geometry between the road and crossing is the same, and neither the crossing nor the road have a side-walk, so that's not the problem either, but sometimes the handles are just red.

Right now I want to know why when you DO make a successful connection, it generates so much unnecessary segmenting. As seen in the image below.

23. raoul

raoul

Hi DRRosen3,

The crossing itself is hardly visible and the road is zoomed out. It is hard to give feedback.

What is visible is a long road. With only markers on the outside. How many markers does this road have? Is this a two marker road? Otherwise can you try adding markers over slightly more equal distances.

What road types are involved and which crossing?

Regarding unnecessary segmenting, is this related to roads based on the Resolution value, and are you more looking for roads based on higher resolution values and lower Angle Threshold values resulting in less triangles while preserving detail in bends?

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  24. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

The road only had two markers. I recreated the road with more markers, and it does seem to fix the "bunching" issue where it created way too many segments between the road's end marker and the connection to the crossing.

I'm not sure what you mean by what "road types". I made my own road using a dirt texture to simulate a dirt road. Same for the crossings. No side-walks.

So now I'm having the issue where the road doesn't want to connect to the crossing. In the first image, you can see where I've connected the road to the T crossing. The second image shows the SAME road, but refusing to allow it to connect to the X crossing. The same thing occurs if I connect it to the X crossing first (then it won't let me connect it to the T crossing).

25. raoul

raoul

It is very much recommended to work with road types and crossings with connections pointing to these road types..

Is the road based on a road type created In General settings > Road Types?

The dirt crossing is not part of the available packages. How was the crossing created? Is this a dynamic built in crossing with the dirt road type selected for the connection?

Can you otherwise email these prefabs or email this scene so we can look at it?

Thanks,
    Raoul

26. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

I created the crossing by dragging a "Default X Crossing" into the scene. I modified it (changed the texture, removed the sidewalk, etc) and then renamed it and saved it as a new prefab.

In the scene I created the crossing using the crossing button from the Road Network. I then attempted to attach existing and newly created roads to the crossing.

I have exported the scene as a package with dependencies included, where should I e-mail it?

27. raoul

raoul

I don't know if that is the reason for the red handles but these steps are not the recommended/correct steps to create new dynamic prefabs. Crossings are not like Unity prefabs. For example, crossings can have sidewalks which can be switched on and /off per instance. The way you created the new prefab, they will share the same crossing ID as the original X Crossing. This can cause issues later.

As mentioned in my previous posts, please work with road types and create new crossings based on the road types. The road snapping options relies on involved roads types. And the scene will be much better manageable, if you for example decide to change the width of the road in a later state or the material, this will only be a matter of changing the road type and pressing the "Update Scene Instances" button. Also, it is possible to auto assign side objects to road types, they will be instantly created for new instances of that road type.

It is almost as if you create a new road, assign a material, set the width etc. but now you only have to do this once, it will greatly improve the workflow as well.

Can you try the following:

1. General Settings > Road Types. Create a new road type with your dirt material

2. In the Inspector in the same Road Types section, there is a button "Create New Connection Prefab" below the Material slot. This will create a new connection prefab for the dirt road type. Only one new connection prefab is needed as in the latest versions it is easy for scene instances to turn an X Crossing into a T Crossing.

Could you try this first before emailing a package. Our email is in both the Readme and the Release Notes file in the EasyRoads3D root directory.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  28. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

Okay, so I gave this a shot this morning. I run into an issue where I'm at the "end" of the road, and then I try to "Connect to dynamic prefab". The prefab I made isn't listed as one of the choices.

The "Dirt Road Crossing" is the prefab I made using the method you described above.

As you can see, there's no option for it.

29. raoul

raoul

Hello DRRosen3,

What happens when you press "Create New Connection Prefab". Do you get a message asking if you want to edit it? And do you see the below message in the console?

"EasyRoads3D: new connection prefab created: Resources/dynamic prefabs/Connection - [road type]"

Where [road type] is the road type name for which the connection was created.

Actually, looking at the second image, which version are you using? The connection options visible in the Inspector were removed several releases ago. This is now done from the Connections tab, it will only display connections matching the selected road.

Is the "Create New Connection Prefab" even available in that version?

Thanks,
    Raoul

30. raoul

raoul

V3.1.7 is now available on our website

This update includes recent requests and fixes for reported bugs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New:

- Vegetation Studio Pro support for Biome Masks

- Indent and Surrounding presets for road types

- OSM road data: textfield for an additional custom osm road type input

Improved:

- EasyRoads3D uses layer 31 for internal operations. This is now customizable in General Settings > Scene Settings > EasyRoads3D Layer

- The full road network can now be moved or rotated by selecting both the "Connection Objects" and "Road Objects" in the hierarchy. After moving and / or rotating these two objects please press the "Apply Transform Changes" to make the changes permanent.

- Side Objects: "Distance between objects", this is now also editable per road object.

Fixed:

- Possible NullReferenceExceptions after attaching roads to a T crossings and moving over one of the roads afterwards

- Side objects not clamping to road edges when the road shape itself is raised further above y = 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always please backup your project first before importing the update

The asset store update is pending approval by the asset store team

Thanks,
    Raoul

IkRikJansen and Noa3 like this.
  31. johnny77lee

johnny77lee

Hi Raoul ,

About the flex connector , I have some question need your help:

1. When I create a connector and change it to flex connector , I used the different road width with main road(32M)
    & second road(10M) . But after I try to make the cross angle of 2 Roads become smaller , something is wrong for it .
    (like the attach file)
    Would you have any idea about it or it's the limitation of Flex connector?

2. Could I modify the length of the crossing position of these 2 roads?

Thanks
    Johnny77Lee

Attached Files:

32. raoul

raoul

Hi Johnny77Lee,

1. The Flex Connector being unstable when significant width differences are involved is known. It is mentioned in the Known Issues section of the beta page:

http://unityterraintools.com/v3beta.php

Which version do you use and what is the setup of the road types? Do they both use a 4 node setup with references to the outer line markings on the right and left.

Have you tried a larger corner radius like mentioned on the beta page and then move from a 90 degree angle to a sharper angle?

2. How would you like to change the length of the crossing position? What should this look like?

Thanks,
    Raoul

33. johnny77lee

johnny77lee

Hi Raoul ,
    1. I Duplicate the Road Type "Default Road" & change the road width to do the test
    2. If I used the same road width of primary & second Roads , it seems work normally
    3. I think maybe change the length of crossing position could make me have a workaround about 2 roads crossing with different width & small crossing angle

otherwise , I try to build a simulation world(11 km x 11 km) with highway & some city roads.
    But I have some wrong when I add side object with some roads(Barrier & Line Marks) .

Would you have any idea about it ?

Thanks
    Johnny77Lee

Attached Files:

34. raoul

raoul

Hi johnny77lee,

Is all this still related to the v3.2 beta?

What about my question regarding the road type settings, the 4 nodes and the corner radius?

Please be specific so the exact situation is known. Especially because you mention that this works fine for the primary and secondary roads, exactly as mentioned on the beta page. Your situation is known to cause issues. 30m wide is, very wide :)

I am not sure about the errors, please always provide steps when they happen and how to reproduce. Is this related to the same situation with the v3.2 beta Flex Connector?

Thanks,
    Raoul

35. schmosef

schmosef

Anyone else having trouble downloading the Demo Project update from the Asset Store?

When I try to download the update, I get a message in the Editor saying that it failed to decompress the download.

I've seen this, once in a while, with other assets and it often means that the version of the asset on the Unity servers is corrupt and the asset developer has to re-upload it.

Just wondering if anyone else if having this issue, or if it's just me.

I tested this last night with Unity 2019.1.0f2 on Windows.

36. raoul

raoul

Hi schmosef,

The demo package was actually updated yesterday (for Unity 2018.3 and Unity 2019). Today we received confirmation from the asset store that the update was accepted.

I am downloading the package at the moment to test...

Thanks,
    Raoul

37. raoul

raoul

@schmosef, on our end the new demo package imports fine in Unity 2019.1.0f2

Thanks,
    Raoul

38. schmosef

schmosef

Thanks. That's the update I was having trouble with. Glad to know that it works for someone. I'll try again later today.

39. TomTumbler

TomTumbler

Hi raoul,

could you imagine to ship ER3 with a vehicle controller - for example for cars and trains. I would create a railroad and have to put a train on that track. But it's tricky. I found the asset Curvy Splines, that works in a similar way to create spline based tracks - like ER sideobjects, right? The good thing on Curvy Splines is the vehicle controller. Could you create/ship such an addon? Would be great. ;)

40. raoul

raoul

Hi TomTumbler,

EasyRoads3D includes a scripting API that can be used to move objects. This is further expanded in v3.2 where lane info can be defined for road types which can also be used to handle crossings. See the below video starting at 7.25.

Although not stable yet for some new features, v3.2 is available in betas, it includes the script used for the AI at the end of the video.

Railroad tracks is something else though. The tracks can indeed also be created with EasyRoads3D but there is no train controller at the moment.

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose likes this.
  41. schmosef

schmosef

Hey, it's working now! I guess the asset store was having an issue, earlier.

Thanks for looking into it, @raoul.

raoul likes this.
  42. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I have a few questions.
    1. How can I quickly find all the green nodes on the road? They are too small.
    2. How can I insert a node in two nodes?
    3. Can EasyRoads3D generate unlimited roads?

43. marcrem

marcrem

Thanks for your amazing support Raoul.

I'm getting this error when I build my game :

Shader error in 'EasyRoads3D/Terrain/ER Terrain Mesh Tesselation': maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 147 (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT_COOKIE SHADOWS_CUBE SHADOWS_SOFT
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

44. raoul

raoul

Hi AngelBeatsZzz,

1. Generally you want to zoom in for exact marker placement, in that case th markers should be well visible. But both the marker display distance and the size can be adjusted in general Settings > Scene Settings

2. The I key inserts a new markers at the mouse position. http://unityterraintools.com/EasyRoads3D/v3/html/shortcuts.html

3. At some point there will probably be limitations regarding performance in general but from an EasyRoads3D point of view there are no limitations.

Thanks,
    Raoul

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  45. raoul

raoul

Hi marcrem,

This shader is part of the additional demo package. As the asset store description says, it is not fully optimized, it is mainly intended for learning purposes.

This shader is used for the rock wall side object next to the mountain road.

This side object snapped to the road combines dirt ground, a rock texture with tesselation and on top it blends with the terrain object using the 4 terrain textures.

It is more heavy and should work fine in the Unity editor. However when building the scene, depending on your build textures Unity may add more samplers resulting in that error.

The package does include a lighter version and the shader itself could also be optimized using for example a texture array.

The purpose here is more showing how to setup the side object itself to achieve something like in the image which cannot be done with the grid based Unity terrain object itself.

If you have imported the full demo package in your project and this shader is not used then you can simply delete it.

/Assets/EasyRoads3D/shaders/Misc/ER Terrain Mesh Tesselation

Thanks,
    Raoul

46. TomTumbler

TomTumbler

Yes, I know that. But "will" one be there in the next months? Or are there no plans for that?

47. raoul

raoul

This isn't often requested, so it is not so high on the list. At the moment the focus is on expanding the core of the tool, more road crossing and sidewalk options, motorway ramps and side object improvements.

Without knowing the package, does this perhaps help?
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/1318871/make-a-train-follow-tracks-using-physics.html

Thanks,
    Raoul

48. Binary42

Binary42

Thanks! :)

raoul likes this.
  49. swredcam

swredcam

I'm trying to use "Selected Roads Only" in order to build only certain road objects, but I don't see where to select the roads I want. If I select them in the inspector then I lose the Road Network dialog. How can I select the specific roads I want to build? I want to leave the others as they are. Thanks!

50. raoul

raoul

Hi swredcam,

Holding the Shift key when selecting a road marker will keep the other markers, also from other roads, selected. That is how multiple roads can be selected.

Thanks,
    Raoul